Product Type – Segment Analysis
Prosumer level holds the largest share in the photo editing software market in 2019. The latest photo editing software has brought an easy way to edit photographs in one touch editing and also providing with noise reduction editing of images. Moreover, the advent of artificial intelligence has led to the introduction of AI-powered photo editing software which uses machine learning for enhancing images and manipulate the images into desired form. The other major factor that is leading to the growth of the prosumer level segment is the rising use of smartphones. The rise of selfies has also enhanced the photo editing software market, as this has led to the investment in software providing face beauty effects and is especially relying on the AI-driven facial recognition technology for creating more realistic effects. Hence, this development in photo editing has highly encouraged the prosumer level segment which will further propel the photo editing software market.
End-user – Segment Analysis
The commercial segment is highly influencing the photo editor software market owing to rising use of photo editing software for social media platforms, e-commerce and fashion industries. The commercial segment is also estimated to grow with a CAGR of 21.5% during the forecast period. Majority of fashion houses are increasingly adopting the use of photo editing software for marketing and gaining customer’s attention. Moreover, the social media marketing agencies are increasingly embracing the use of photo editing software for the purpose of developing and optimizing images to make them more appealing. Thus, the rising use of photo editing software for fashion and social media marketing agencies will prove to form a positive impact on the growth of the commercial segment. This development in the commercial end-user segment will further propel the photo editing market in the coming years.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America will dominate the photo editing software market with a share of more than 30% followed by APAC and Europe. The major factors that are leading to the growth of photo editing software market in North America region is the rise of social media advertising, presence of major fashion houses, and growth of online advertising, e-commerce, and SMEs. Additionally, the small businesses in the U.S are heavily investing on social media agencies which will also fuel the photo editing software market in the future. According to Invesp, it is estimated that the U.S social media advertising revenue was $7.6 billion, which is further expected to grow in the coming years. Also, according to The Census Bureau of the Department of Commerce, the U.S e-commerce sales was $146.2 billion in the first quarter of 2019. Thus, the rising use of immersive and appealing advanced photo editing software along with AI-technology by the e-commerce industry in the U.S is highly enhancing the sales through this channel. This factors are further leading to the growth of the photo editing software market in this region.
In Asia Pacific, the advancement due to the increasing web designing projects and the growth of wedding photography businesses are widely enhancing the photo editing software market in this region. Moreover, the increasing trend of pre-wedding and post-wedding photo shoots in countries like China and India is significantly leading to the rise of photo editing software market.
Drivers –Photo Editing Software Market
- Use of Computational Algorithms in Photo Editing Software
The rising of computational photography along with the assistance of algorithm in photo editing software is highly enhancing the pixels which is further leading to the upgradation of the photo editing software. Moreover, the software companies are using single lens and intelligent algorithms for creating a system that captures extreme close shots of the minutest details. Thus, this upgradation of the photo editing software by using intelligent computational algorithms will further provide more equilibrium to the captured image and further drive the photo editing software market.
- Integration of Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in Photo Editing
The integration of augmented reality and virtual reality in photo editing is further enabling the users to add more realistic effects to the image captured and make them more appealing. Furthermore, the use of AR/VR is providing accurate and realistic view of the image which is making it more enhanced. Using AR in photo editing enables the end-users to add realistic effects and provide an accurate and realistic view. In addition, the development of advanced depth sensors in smartphone cameras is allowing easy adoption of AR in the photo editing process. Thus, the increasing adoption of AR technology in the photo editing software will further prove to have a positive impact on the market and therefore, driving the market during the forecast period
- Presence of Facial Recognition Technology
The presence of facial/object recognition technology is further revolutionizing the photo editing software. This technology is providing more innovative editing such as the “bokeh” effect which is enhancing the use of photo editing software. This technology is also empowered by artificial intelligence, which recognizes the face in photos and determines the age or gender. This technology also recognizes the facial features like skin and hair and makes the editing of the photo more suitable and more impressive.
Challenges – Photo Editing Software Market
- High Cost and Lack of Availability of Free Version Software
The Photoshop can be sometimes very expensive. Photoshop has certain abilities that makes the photos or images more accurate and appealing with the help of better technology and intelligent algorithms and other tools that is usually mostly expensive. Moreover, the upgradation of latest version also acquires high cost which further hinders the growth of the photo editing software market. Also, the lack of availability of free version software on laptops and smartphones is also major factor that poses a major challenge to the growth of the market.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the photo editing software market. In 2019, the market of photo editing software has been consolidated by the top ten players – Acd System International, Inc., Adobe Inc., Corel Corporation, Cyberlink Corporation, Dxo Optic, Phase One A/S, MAGIX Software GmbH, On1, Inc. and Serif Ltd.
- In October 2019, DxO Optic announced its latest version of DxO PhotoLab 3, the most advanced photo editing software. This latest version of photo editing software is redesigned with HSL colour adjustment feature and optimized repair tool that will make the photographer’s job easier.
- Additionally in the same year that is March 2019, DxO Optic also launched DxO PhotoLab 2.2 a photo editing software with advanced features in order to support new devices such as the Nikon Z 6, the Canon EOS R and EOS M50, and the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone
- In November 2018, Cyberlink Corporation, announced the launch of PhotoDirector 365, a comprehensive and robust photo editing software. This photo editing software uses easy-to-use tools such as Layer Packs, HDR, Black & White and Split Tone Presets, Motion Still, Keystone Correction, and 360 photo editing. This software also includes AI Style Effects, Tethered Shooting and Soft Proofing which makes the editing of the photo more impressive.
- North America is highly dominating the photo editing software market owing to the increasing presence of social media advertising, availability of fashion houses and the rising sales through e-commerce channels.
- The integration of technology such as augmented reality and virtual reality along with intelligent computational algorithm for making images more appealing is also embracing the photo editing software market.
- Additionally, the introduction of 3D-imaging tools such as 3D analysis, 3D alignment and 3D smart vision that analyzes the depth of the image and further transforms them is also the most significant factor that is driving the photo editing software market.
- The increasing use of facial recognition technology along with artificial intelligence is also further enhancing the market growth.
- However, the high cost of the latest photo editing software and the lack of availability of free version software will hinder the growth of the photo editing software market.
Related Reports :
1. Photo Printing And Merchandise Market
2. Flush Mount Photo Album Market
: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss more about our consulting service.