Product Type – Segment Analysis
The Surgical Drapes segment dominated the Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market in 2019. Surgical Drapes segment held the largest share in the market and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.76% owing to the growing adoption of surgical drapes to prevent surgeons and other personnel from surgical site infections, increasing adoption of surgical drapes in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. The rising number of surgeries owing to the increasing incidences of chronic diseases is set to act as a driver for the market during the forecast period 2020-2025. The global pandemic COVID-19 is estimated to contribute to the growth of surgical drapes and surgical gowns market during the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Usage Pattern Type – Segment Analysis
On the basis of usage pattern, disposable segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue. The reason behind the dominance are advantages of disposable drapes over reusable drapes such as optimum barrier protection for microorganisms. Moreover, the use of disposable surgical drapes and gowns ensures resistance to liquids, and resistance to abrasion and tearing as compared to reusable surgical drapes and gowns where this performance is set to be depleting.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
By Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market with a share of 44% in 2019. The application of Surgical Drapes and Gowns has grown rapidly over the last few years. The U.S. remains the largest consumer of Surgical Drapes and Gowns in North America region, owing to the burgeoning cases of chronic diseases, surgeries and contagious diseases alongside increasing initiative to promote the use disposable surgical drape and gowns by governmental and non-governmental health organizations in order to prevent surgeons and patients from surgical site infections. However, Asia-Pacific region is poised to grow at a faster CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to developing healthcare infrastructure and increasing initiatives to promote the use of surgical drapes and gowns, owing to increase in healthcare industry expenditures by respective health organizations along with the help from various global organizations. The need for personal protective equipment are also increasing in the medical industry. Additionally, it is estimated that the global Surgical Drapes and Gowns market is set to grow exponentially during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Drivers – Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market
- Rising Incidence of Chronic Diseases
With the rise in the COVID-19 outbreak in the various countries, isolation of patients and doctors have been taking place which is set to act as a drives of the Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market as there is a medium to high risk of contamination as regulated by the FDA as need of a Class II medical device that requires a 510(k) premarket notification. This authorization would result in faster approval period for Surgical Drapes and Gowns acting as a key driver of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Challenges – Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market
Stringent rules and regulations in concern with the use of Surgical Drapes and Gowns
The major challenge for the market is the lack of sufficient knowledge in cleaning process of the surgical gowns for the medical staff’s and also in its safe disposal. The stringent rules and regulations regarding the environmental safety of the Surgical Drapes and Gowns also dissuades companies to enter the market thereby creating a negative impact on the market’s growth.
- Surgical Drapes and Gowns Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market. In 2019, Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market top 10 companies are Cardinal Health, 3M, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Steris Corporation, Mölnlycke Health Care, Paul Hartmann, Guardian, Steris plc, Priontex and Halyard Health.
- In January 30, 2020 Cardinal Health in coordination with the U.S. FDA announced that it is initiating two voluntary field actions for select procedure packs containing affected AAMI Level 3 surgical gowns.
- In April 02, 2020 Medline Europe announced its COVID-19 inventory update as they are committed to protecting the supply of PPE and other essential medical apparel and products as much as possible for their customers, and to making sure that they are fairly allocated.
- In April 03, 2020 Mölnlycke Health Care announced that supply chain has been affected in relation to the spread of COVID-19 which includes face masks, isolations gowns, gauze, scrub suits, and headwear
- North America dominated the Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market with a share of 44% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as increase in the number of surgeries worldwide, increasing focus on infection control and rising awareness about hygiene are the key factors owing to the growth of Surgical Drapes and Gowns Market.
- Initiative’s to promote the use of surgical drape and gowns by governmental and non-governmental health organizations in order to prevent surgeons and patients from surgical site infections is a major factor projected to impel the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.