By Application Type- Segment Analysis
Protein hydrolysate demand from infant (Pediatric) nutrition is poised to increase over the forecast period 2020-2025. Global infant formula market projected to witness steady gains with rapid urbanization, spending power per baby, up surge in per-capita middle class disposable income level in China, India, Thailand and Indonesia. The Protein hydrolysate market size from sports nutrition is set to witness strong gains at over 6.2%. Sports nutritional products are getting popular amongst common masses owing to increasing numbers of health clubs and fitness centers and growth of recreational and lifestyle users.
By Form Type- Segment Analysis
Powder based protein hydrolysates market size is poised to get significant gains in the forecast period 2020-2025 with market value surpassing 800 million. Powder based products are preferred by buyers as they have longer shelf life. Liquid products are cheaper than powder based as they have shorter shelf life and mainly utilized in animal feed applications.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
By Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominates the Protein Hydrolysate market, with a share of more than 41.67% in 2019. Increase in consumption of dietary supplements by individuals and increasing number of health-conscious population, coupled with growing awareness regarding benefits of protein supplements among consumer are the reasons associated for the growth. Asia Pacific is set to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period 2020-2025 owing to developing economies such as China, India, and Malaysia as well as Singapore, which are among the fastest growing markets for protein hydrolysates are part of Asia-Pacific region.
Drivers – Protein hydrolysate market
- High Usage of Protein Supplements in Sports and Bodybuilding Products
Regular consumption of proteins is considered as vital for growth and development of muscle cells, as protein helps in build up the new cells and fixing damaged tissues within the body. Owing to this reason, health-conscious consumers are showing increasing interests towards protein ingredients over the years. Protein ingredients like protein hydrolysates have thriving demand among fitness enthusiasts and other consumers to develop their physique. Milk protein hydrolysates like casein and whey enhance muscle growth and development thanks to the presence of an adequate concentration of highly purified proteins.
Whey and casein protein hydrolysates even have functional benefits like high rate of solubility as compared with the opposite protein ingredients which enabled its application within the nutritional and supplement powders that supplies all the nine essential amino acids which is poised to act as driver for growth.
Challenges – Protein hydrolysate market
The huge cost of R&D and low popularity in developing countries is the concern for Protein hydrolysate market, adding to that the high production cost act as challenge.
Protein Hydrolysate market industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Protein hydrolysate market. Key companies like AMCO Proteins, Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S, Griffith Foods Inc, Tate & Lyle PLC fragment the Protein hydrolysate market share. Other companies include Abbott Nutrition, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Kerry Group, Friesland Campina, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Glanbia PLC, and Danone Nutricia.
- in April 2019, Arla Food Ingredients launched a advanced 100% whey protein hydrolysate solution- Lacprodan® HYDRO.Clear a sports drink.
- In April 2018, Abbott introduced Ensure Max Protein – a 150-calorie nutrition drink with 30 grams of high-quality protein and 1 gram of sugar.
- In November 2017, FrieslandCampina announced an investment in its core brands, Landliebe, Tuffi, and Frico, in the Düsseldorf area
- In June 2016, Abbott launched new EAS protein shakes, powders, and bars to fuel athletic lifestyles. This helped the company to expand its product portfolio.
- Geographically, North America accounts for the largest share and Asia Pacific is registered to be the fastest growing region in terms of the protein hydrolysate market.
- The market is poised to grow with increase in demand for Pediatric nutrition and sports nutrition owing to the nutritional benefit it provides, such as enhanced repair of tissue damage.
- Growing knowledge regarding nutritional food and increase in preference for high protein diet is another factor supporting growth of the market.
Related Reports :
1. Protein Ingredients Market
2. Casein Protein Market
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.