Drug Class – Segment Analysis
Biologics held the largest share in the drug class segment of Vasculitis Treatment Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.05% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Better clinical outcomes is seen in Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibodies (ANCA) associated vasculitis cases and more biological drugs in the pipeline with enhanced drug safety and efficacy has resulted in market growth. In addition, better drug safety and efficacy has resulted in a greater market demand for biologics. Biologic agents, which offer the potential for remission-induction and drug-sparing approaches to treat Wegener’s Granulomatosis (WG), have been studied in several small, open-label clinical series and one large, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Further Research & Development activities for Biologics are in pipeline. Immunosuppressants segment held the second largest share, owing to growing prevalence of autoimmune disorders and the growing number of technological advancements in tissue engineering. Biologics is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to major key players largely investing in next generation biologics such as ADCs, bispecific, fusion proteins, cell and gene therapy that is set to be more effective.
Disease Type – Segment Analysis
Large Vessel Vasculitis segment holds the major share in the disease type segment of Vasculitis Treatment Market in 2019. Increasing cases of immunocompromised patients suffering with large vessel vasculitis and growing incidences for CD4 T cell mediated Takayasu vasculitis. This drives the market growth of this segment. Encouraging preliminary results have been obtained with the IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) antagonist tocilizumab for the treatment of large-vessel vasculitides, including both giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis, and the aortitis of Cogan syndrome and relapsing polychondritis. Medium Vessel Vasculitis held the second largest share in the year 2019, owing to growing treatment cases of the disease. Therapies typically include glucocorticoids and, especially for small and medium vessel vasculitis, an effective immunosuppressive agent. Cyclophosphamide is currently the standard therapy for small vessel multi-system vasculitis, but other agents are now being evaluated in large randomized trials. Small Vessel Vasculitis segment is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to growing incidence and treatment rate in young population. Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) and other serologic tests have been used to further characterize small vessel vasculitides.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominates the geography segment of Vasculitis Treatment Market with a share of more than 41.3% in 2019, followed by North America. Growing prevalence of large vessel vasculitis among the mainstream population, such as giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis has fuelled the market growth in this region. Presence of well-developed healthcare infrastructure and key market players in this region have further helped in the growth of Vasculitis Treatment Market infrastructure.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to growth of healthcare sector in developing countries such as India and China, growing health awareness among the masses, and increasing government initiatives to aid the research activities of vasculitis treatment.
Drivers – Vasculitis Treatment Market
- Rising prevalence of blood vessel inflammatory diseases
There is a substantial risk of mortality in patients with small vessel Antineutrophil cytoplasm antibody (ANCA) associated vasculitis including Wegener’s granulomatosis (survival rate of approximately 75% at 5 years), microscopic polyangiitis (survival rate of 45% to 75% at 5 years), Churg-Strauss syndrome (survival rate of 68% to 100% at 5 years), and Henoch-Schönlein purpura (survival rate of 75% in adult-onset, greater in childhood onset); medium vessel vasculitis including polyarteritis nodosa (survival rate of 75% to 80% at 5 years), Kawasaki disease (survival rate of greater than 99% at 5 years); large vessel vasculitis including giant cell arteritis (survival rate equivalent to the age-matched population), and Takayasu arteritis (survival of 70% to 93% at 5 years). Growing healthcare awareness is set to create more demand for Vasculitis Treatment, and hence help in market growth in upcoming years.
- Recent approval by FDA for biologics
In May 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration expanded the approved use of subcutaneous Actemra (tocilizumab) to treat adults with giant cell arteritis. This new indication provided the first FDA-approved therapy, specific to this type of vasculitis. Rituximab was subsequently approved by the FDA for a variety of other uses, including, in 2011, use as a treatment for adults with the rare vascular diseases, granulomatosis with polyangiitis and microscopic polyangiitis, in combination with glucocorticoids (steroid hormones). In 2019 it was approved for use in children as young as age two. This is the first approved pediatric treatment for these rare vasculitis diseases, in which a patient’s small blood vessels become inflamed, reducing the amount of blood that can flow through them. More number of developing drugs in pipeline, along with more FDA approval is poised to aid the market growth in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Vasculitis Treatment Market
- Lack of properly skilled professionals
The mismatch between the shortage of skilled workers and the demand for skilled workers in the market worldwide is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the next few years. Several factors contribute to the shortage of healthcare workers, like the aging population generating a greater need for care, an aging health care workforce retiring many workers and massive increases in chronic diseases.
Vasculitis Treatment Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Vasculitis Treatment Market. In 2019, Vasculitis Treatment Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Vasculitis Treatment Market top 10 companies are Ablynx, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly And Company, Hoffmann-La Roche Ag, Gilead, Glaxosmithkline Plc, Merck Co, Inc, Novartis Ag and Novo Nordisk A/S among others.
- In July 2019, Pfizer Inc. announced that its RUXIENCE (rituximab-pvvr), a biosimilar to Rituxan (rituximab), which is intended for the treatment of adult patients with microscopic polyangiitis, received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval.
- In October 2018, FDA approved label update for Roche’s Mabthera/Rituxan (rituximab) in two rare forms of vasculitis.
- In April 2020, Novartis completed the safety review and initiated update to the Beovu® prescribing information worldwide. Novartis has been actively evaluating post-marketing cases reported as severe vision loss, retinal artery occlusion and/or vasculitis with Beovu® (brolucizumab).
- North America dominated the Vasculitis Treatment Market in the year 2019 owing to the presence of well-developed healthcare system, growing incidences of chronic diseases among the geriatric population and proactive government initiatives to expedite the research activities related to vasculitis treatment. The Vasculitis Treatment Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Rising prevalence of blood vessel inflammatory diseases, technological advancement in the diagnostic kits and recent approval by FDA for biologics have helped in significant growth of Vasculitis Treatment Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Vasculitis Treatment Market report.
- Lack of adequate skilled labor and stringent government regulations on manufacturing of products are anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Vasculitis Treatment Industry.
Related Reports :
1. Vasculitis Market
2. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Treatment Market
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.