Produce Type – Segment Analysis
Prevnar 13 held the largest share in the product type segment of Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Growing demand as pneumonia vaccine across various countries, approval and recommendations by WHO for its efficiency in preventing pneumonia and increasing usage for pneumonia treatment among the geriatric population have fuelled the market growth of this segment. Pneumovax 23 secured the second largest share in 2019. Primary growth of this segment is driven by price rises in the drug market and population growth. Pneumovax 23 helps protect against the most common types of pneumococcal bacteria very quickly and who are at increased risk of being infected. It is also recommended as a routine vaccination for people aged 50 years and older. Prevnar 13 is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. Pfizer has come up with its future for a next-generation vaccine. It is in the early stages of developing a pneumococcal shot that covers 20 serotypes.
End User – Segment Analysis
The geriatric population (aged 60 or more) holds the major share in the end user segment of Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market in 2019. Pneumonia in the elderly happens fast and the prognosis is poor, and elderly are susceptible to severe Pneumonia. The mortality rate for severe pneumonia is as high as 20%. The principal cause of the death is respiratory insufficiency. Improving government expenditure on healthcare infrastructure in developing countries like China and Japan have further helped in focus on the health of old people. Geriatric population segment is poised to continue dominating the market with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the increase of pneumonia incidence in the geriatric population from 18% in 2019 to 23% in 2040, owing to disproportionate population growth in the oldest age groups. The fraction of outpatient pneumonia accounted for by the old age people is anticipated to increase from 2% to 4%.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography – Segment Analysis
North America dominates the geography segment of Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market with a share of more than 39.7% in 2019, followed by Europe. The increasing cases of people suffering from pneumococcal contaminations and presence of potential players that are developing novel treatment has led to gradual rise in the treatment market in this region. Ageing population and the growing healthcare investments by government along with major key players of the market has also led to growing opportunities for this market. These factors have driven the market growth in this region. Europe held the second largest share in 2019, owing to presence of a well-developed healthcare infrastructure and growing incidences of pneumonia among the aged population of this region.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. The World Health Organization (WHO) has estimated an incidence of 0.37 episodes per child per year for clinical pneumonia, India accounts for 36% of the total cases, WHO South East Asia regional burden. Approximately 10 to 20% of these episodes tend to be severe. Also, there is a rapid entry of key market players in this region and launch of new market products of Pneumonia Polysaccharide Vaccines, which is poised to provide greater opportunities in the upcoming years.
Drivers – Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market
- High prevalence rate of pneumococcal diseases
Incidence rates were higher in subjects ≥85 years of age (3507 per 100,000 population) compared with those 65–74 years old (662 per 100,000). Pneumococcal pneumonia accounted for 20.6 % (13.9–27.3 %) of hospitalizations, with an incidence of 274 per 100,000 population As a result, the Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market is set to witness an upsurge in recent years.
- Government support in creating awareness regarding pneumonia immunization programs
The Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America and Infectious Diseases Society of America developed the guidelines for strategies to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia in acute care hospitals. In addition, various organizations across countries are putting in investments for pneumonia prevention.
Challenges – Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market
- Delays of vaccine production processes
PPSV23 contains polysaccharide antigen from 23 types of pneumococcal bacteria. It contains 25 µg of each antigen per dose and contains 0.25% phenol as a preservative. At a time when demand is high, longer time for production causes service delay and causes a restraint in the demand. This is anticipated to hamper the market growth in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market. Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market revenue is primarily generated by manufacturing and distribution by the key market players. In 2019, Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market top 10 companies are Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc., Glaxosmithkline Plc, Sanofi Pasteur, China National Biotec Group, Astellas Pharma Inc., Serum Institue of India Ltd, SK bioscience, Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd and Beijing Minhai Biotechnology Co., Ltd among others.
- In September 2019, Pfizer announced positive preliminary results from a proof-of-concept phase 2 study (B7471003) of its 20-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine candidate being investigated for the prevention of invasive disease and otitis media in healthy infants.
- In June 2017, GSK received World Health Organization Prequalification for Synflorix pneumococcal vaccine four-dose vial.
- In February 2019, Astellas and Affinivax’s novel pneumococcal vaccine entered the human testing stage.
- North America dominated the Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market in the year 2019 owing to increasing incidences of pneumococcal contaminations, presence of potential players that develops novel treatment and more government schemes and investments on healthcare. The Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- High prevalence rate of pneumococcal diseases, growing government investments on immunization and increasing healthcare expenditure by masses for good health have helped in significant growth of Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market Research report.
- Higher costs associated with the development of vaccines and delays of vaccine production processes is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Industry.
Related Reports :
1. Therapeutic Vaccine Market
2. Influenza Vaccine Market
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.