By Application – Segment Analysis
Owing to the growing application of HDPE pipes in various end use industries, the market for HDPE pipe is expected to witness substantial growth. The growth in demand poly pipe irrigation systems in agricultural industry is expected to drive the growth of the HDPE pipe market. Rapid urbanization is anticipated to increase the demand for water supply, leading to increase in requirement of HDPE pipes. Furthermore, growth in sewage disposal infrastructure fuels the demand for HDPE pipes. However, volatile raw material prices attributed to fluctuation in prices of crude oil is expected to hamper the market growth. Conversely, innovation and technological advancements in PE pipe provide future growth opportunities to the HDPE pipes market.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography – Segment Analysis
APAC, is dominating HDPE pipes market in terms of geography. The High-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly owing to the rise in agricultural and industrial activities in the region. Furthermore, demand for pipeline infrastructure is increasing in oil & gas exploration and production activities. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the demand for HDPE pipes in Asia Pacific. Europe is projected to follow Asia Pacific. Increase in demand for HDPE pipes, specifically in Spain, Germany, and Italy, is projected to augment the market. Furthermore, rapid growth in demand for HDPE pipes in various countries in Eastern Europe is likely to fuel the High-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes market in the region.
Drivers – HDPE pipes Market
- The growing application in sewage disposal infrastructure
Due to the continuous infrastructure development of sewage systems in the developing countries, the demand for plastic pipes has increased exponentially, on the back of which the demand for high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes is also increasing. The HDPE pipes offer various functional advantages such as sustainability, durability, and flexibility along with superior resistance to corrosion and abrasion which are needed in the sewage water treatment. Apart from this, the HDPE piping systems also provide long service life, excellent joint performance, and offer leak-free protection. Further, the growth of the sewage disposal infrastructure is anticipated to positively impact the growth of HDPE pipes market.
Challenges – HDPE pipes Market
- The high cost of HDPE pipes is one of the major factor that constraints the growth of the market
The major constraint in the growth of the HDPE pipes market is the higher cost of these pipes. The high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes are about 25% more expensive when they are compared with the PVC and UPVC pipes. Also, the installation cost of the high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes is comparatively high in comparison with the other plastic pipes. The installation cost of HDPE pipes varies around 2% to 3% to the cost of the other plastic pipes. Further, this variation in the pricing of the plastic pipes is expected to hamper the growth of the HDPE pipes market.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the HDPE pipes market. In 2019, the market of HDPE pipes has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for xx% of the share. HDPE pipes Market top 10 companies are JM Eagle Inc., WL Plastics, Lane Enterprises, Inc., Prinsco, Inc., Uponor, Poly plastic group, Mexichem S.A.B. de C.V, United Poly systems, Radius system, and Blue Diamond Industries, LLC., among others.
- In December 2019, ISCO Industries, Inc. (ISCO), a Louisville-based high-density polyethylene (HDPE) piping solutions provider, is announcing that it has agreed to acquire M.T. Deason, based in Birmingham, Alabama. M.T. Deason has been providing products and services for the gas distribution market since 1982. The company prides itself on listening and responding to the needs of their customers with innovative solutions.
- The elimination of potential risk such as leakage which usually seen in the case of ductile iron pipes and PVC have increased the growth of the market.
- The rising demand of HDPE pipes in earthquake-prone areas due to its high flexibility have tends to increase the growth of the market.
- By Product Type – Segment Analysis
- High density polyethylene pipes are made from graded raw material such as PE 63, PE 80, and PE 100. They are considered to be one of the most premier mediums of conveying and transporting chemicals, water, and gases. One of the major advantages of utilizing HDPE pipes is that they are six to eight times lighter than the conventional cast iron and galvanized iron pipes. In addition, they are non-corrosive in nature, which makes them suitable for water transportation.
Related Reports :
1. Geomembrane Market
2. Laboratory Plasticware Market
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com
to discuss more about our consulting services.