By Type- Segment Analysis
On the basis of thickness 10-20 micron meter segment holds the largest share of more than 30% in the electrolytic copper foil market in 2019. The amount involved in the reuse and recycling of micro thin chips gets reduced due to the decrease in amount of copper, thus saving the resources and augmenting the growth of electrolytic copper foil market. Also a thinner copper foil requires less energy in manufacturing and transportation resulting in conservation of energy and resources.
By Application – Segment Analysis
Printed circuit board segment holds the largest share of more than 60% in the electrolytic copper foil market in 2019. Copper being an excellent thermal and electrical conductor, improves the heat transfer capacity along and across the printed circuit boards (PCB) and reduces the stress caused by uneven heating of PCB which results in its failure. Moreover, due to its excellent electrical conductivity it can transfer electrical signals without delay.
Apart from PCB electrolytic copper foil has also found its way in batteries industry. They are used as a negative electrode collector in lithium ion batteries. Thus increase in demand of electric powered equipment’s has fueled the growth of global electrolytic copper foil market.
Report Price: $ 4500 (Single User License)
Geography- Segment Analysis
Asia pacific dominated the electrolytic copper foil market with a share of more than 35% in 2019 followed by North America and Europe. Continuous rise in end use industries like automotive, and electronics and higher income has fueled the growth of electrolytic copper foil market in these regions. According to International Energy Agency (IEA), electric cars demand has grown rapidly and there were 5.1 million of electric passenger cars on the road worldwide by the end of 2018, of which 45% were in China, 24% in Europe and 22% in United States. Furthermore rising population and increase in demand for high quality products has also enhanced the growth of market.
Drivers – Electrolytic copper foil market
- Growing demand of lithium ion batteries in automotive sector
With the increase in environmental concern, world is heading towards electric vehicles that emits less or zero carbon dioxide. The rising demands of electric vehicles in developing countries like China and Japan has boosted the lithium ion batteries demand subsequently increasing the growth electrolytic copper foil market.
- Increase in demands of electrical products
With the rise in population and disposable income, the demands for electronic equipment’s like laptops, smartphones and tablets have increased. Printed circuit boards are used in electronics for interconnection of components, transmitting electrical signals and supporting the circuit. Thus increase in demands of electrical products has augmented the growth of PCBs which further results in growth of electrolytic copper foil market.
Challenges – Electrolytic Copper Foil Market
- High manufacturing cost of electrolytic copper foil
Copper foils used in PCBs and lithium ion batteries are very thin. Advanced technology coupled with huge amount of resources is needed to get the desired thickness of copper foil. Thus higher manufacturing cost of electrolytic copper foil act as a restraint for their market growth.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the electrolytic copper foil market report. In 2019, the market of electrolytic copper foil top 10 companies accounting for xx% of the electrolytic copper foil market share. The electrolytic copper foil market industry outlook are Mitsui Mining and Smelting, Hitachi Cable, Furukawa Electric, JX Nippon Mining & Metal, Olin Brass, Jinbao Electronics, Kingboard Chemical, KINWA, Tongling Nonferrous Metal Group, The 3M Chemical Company among others.
Acquisition / Developments
- In January 2020, SKC has acquired the copper foil business of KCF Technologies in order to diversify its business portfolio.
- In April 2019, Olin Brass whose parent company was Global Brass and Copper merged with Germany-based Wieland-Werke AG.
- In March 2018, LS Group and KKR has signed an agreement in order to support the growth of electrical automotive businesses and KKR’s investment in electric vehicle battery copper foil business.
- Asia Pacific especially China has dominated the electrolytic copper foil market due to its large demand in automotive and electronics industry.
- Properties such as light weight, ductile, malleable, good thermal and electrical conductivity has augmented the growth of electrolytic copper foil market.
- Low environmental impact and rapid growth in demands of electric vehicles is driving the growth of electrolytic copper foil market.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is projected to decline the growth of electrolytic copper foil market share during the forecast period.
Related Reports :
1. High-End Copper Foil Market
2. Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide Market
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss more about our consulting services.