Artificial Intelligence driven Marketing Communications
Tokyo, June 19, 2020 – TBM and Bioworks are pleased to announce that Bio Face CoolTM and Bio Face Lite CoolTM are now ready for pre-ordering from worldwide locations. These cool feeling fabric masks are knitted with biomass-based yarns, which lead to a comfortable usage of face masks even in humid summer season. They could be washed and reused for around 30 times, which lead to reduction of single use plastic and CO2 emission.
“Despite the global mega trend to turn away from single use plastics, use of disposable masks has tremendously increased due to the current coronavirus pandemic. It is resulting in the increase of single use plastic waste.” said Nobuyoshi Yamasaki, CEO of TBM. “We believe that instead of disposable masks, more reusable, environment-friendly masks will become the standard in the market. As summer begins, we added a cool feeling function to our Bio FaceTM masks for premium comfort.”
? Features of Bio Face CoolTM masks
Knitted from antibacterial and mildly acidic (close to human skin) yarn
Bio Face CoolTM masks are knitted from polylactic acid (PLA) yarn and plant-derived yarn with a cooling function. PLA yarn is mildly acidic (close to human skin) and holds antibacterial properties based on a Japanese test lab report.
Washable and reusable
Bio Face CoolTM masks can be washed and used repeatedly. It could be washed for 30 times, which lead to reduction of mask waste.
? Bio FaceTM Series Details
All available for pre-order. https://tb-m.com/en/contact/
|Bio Face Cool||Bio Face Lite Cool|
|Sizes||S?for children??M?L||S?for children??M?L|
|Production Country||Japan and Asia||Japan and Asia|
|Suggested Retail Price
*Discount prices will be offered for bulk orders
(not including VAT)
| US$ 14.99 / 1 mask
* Same as Bio Face
| US$ 3.99 / 1 mask
* Same as Bio Face Lite
|Production Capacity||Plan to secure more than 100,000 masks by July||Plan to secure more than 200,000 masks by July and 300,000 masks by August|
* Bio FaceTM series masks do not block the intrusion of virus airborne droplets and pollen in the air.
* It is recommended to insert a commercially available virus reduction filter to block the intrusion of viruses and pollen.
* Antibacterial means “to suppress bacterial growth on the surface of the product,” and does not mean to kill or decontaminate the bacteria.
* Washing by hand is recommended when washing the mask. If washed by washing machine, please put the mask in a laundry net.
* Please note that the product shape may change if the mask is washed in a washing machine.
* Please do not use dryers, bleach nor softener. Please use a neutral detergent. Please do not expose the mask to direct sunlight when drying.
* We do not accept return or exchange after purchase.
* NOT for medical use or surgical use. For general use (in office, shopping, public transportation etc.)
* “Cool feeling” means to feel coldness when the heat is absorbed while the skin is in contact with the fabric. It does not mean that the cool feeling will last for a long time.
*Wearing this mask does not prevent heat stroke.
? Order / Contact Information
For Purchase, please contact via contact form. https://tb-m.com/en/contact/
About TBM Co., Ltd.
TBM is a company based in Japan specializing in developing, manufacturing and distributing LIMEX®, an innovative new material mainly made from limestone and inorganic materials. LIMEX® is a material that can become an alternative of paper and plastic. By delivering recyclable LIMEX® worldwide, TBM aims to contribute to solving marine plastic pollution, resource depletion and many other environmental problems that the world is facing. In 2019, TBM was evaluated as the second largest unicorn company in Japan.
About Bioworks Corporation
Bioworks is a subsidiary of TBM, based in Japan. Bioworks specializes in developing, manufacturing and distributing Plax®, a 100% biomass-based bioplastic. Plax® is highly functional in aspects such as heat resistance, impact resistance and flexibility.