Spain Brazil Russia France Germany China Korea Japan

Artificial Intelligence driven Marketing Communications

How do I enforce a child support order in Fort Lauderdale, FL?

How do I enforce a c

iCrowdNewswire   Feb 18, 2020  3:00 PM ET

Your child’s other parent has decided that he/she doesn’t want to pay you the child support you are due. Seeing that you probably need the money to help care for the child you two share together, you are probably wondering what it is you can do to address the problem. Well, there are a number of things that can be done to get your child’s other parent to provide you with the support the order has ordered him/her to pay.

Below we have highlighted for you a few of the options that are available to you.

  1. You can contact the Florida Department of Revenue’s Child Support Program.

The Florida Department of Revenue’s Child Support Program works with families to ensure children receive the support they not only need but also deserve. In the event a parent in Fort Lauderdale, FL chooses not to comply with their child support order, the Child Support Program can intervene. However, you must remember that the agency is not going to provide you with any legal advice, nor will it give your case priority. The fact is, there are many other families that are also dealing with child support-related issues which means yours may not be handled as quickly as you would like.

  1. You can contact a local Fort Lauderdale, FL family law lawyer.

King Lindsey, P.A. is a family law firm located in Fort Lauderdale, FL that can assist a parent or legal guardian with enforcing a child support order. Unlike Florida’s Child Support Program, a family law attorney will give your case the attention that it needs. From answering specific questions to filing a motion in the circuit court, the lawyers at this firm are going to dedicate themselves to getting you the support you and your child need.


Will my child’s other parent go to jail for failing to comply with a child support order?

Depending on how long they haven’t paid, they very well could face jail time, however, you must be mindful of the fact that state laws do govern the type of action that can be taken when a child support order is being enforced. Essentially, what this means is that if your child’s other parent recently fell behind on their payments, a warrant for their arrest isn’t going to be issued right away. Certain steps must initially be taken to determine the reasoning behind the nonpayment.

If your child’s other parent doesn’t have a sufficient reason for not paying the support or continues to dodge their obligation, then a family law attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL can take the necessary steps to ensure he/she faces the consequences for their failure to comply.

If you are ready to begin receiving assistance with your child support issue, contact King Lindsey, P.A.


King Lindsey, P.A. is located at:


633 South Federal Highway, Suite 200B

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Phone: 954-867-6518


Contact Information:

633 South Federal Highway, Suite 200B

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Phone: 954-867-6518

Keywords:    Fort Lauderdale Divorce Lawyers

Tags:    Content Marketing, Extended Distribution, English