KOMRADS was created in 2013 with a sole purpose of creating a sustainable cult brand rooted in current culture. Embracing current styles and moving forward into the heritage of their product with respect towards mother earth.
The brand appeals to a community of dreamers, creators, musicians and believers in protecting the planet.
KOMRADS have recently dropped an Indiegogo to support their latest project, Komrads APL – a sneaker which has been made out of apples.
- The upper is made of Apple Eco Leather. The production of apple products is faced every year with a significant amount of waste. This waste, mostly Apple peel and core, is developed into a new raw material. The result is a durable high-quality alternative to leather with at least 50% of recycled apple fiber.- 100% vegan.
- The sole is made of 100% recycled rubber from car tires, colored with ecological paint
- The laces are made of recycled plastic bottles
- The inner sole is ergonomic, breathable and made out of recycled materials
- To control our ecological footprint, we are producing in Europe, so we limit our international transport to an absolute minimum! No social unacceptable working conditions.