Graphene, which is 200 times stronger than steel, is a first-rate conductor of heat and electricity along with light absorption abilities, which is why graphene electronic products such as graphene transistors, super capacitors, and graphene sensors are gaining traction from the end-use industries. It is a powerful material with unlimited potential for integration, thus this material is adopted in consumer electronics, biomedical, and semiconductor industries. Graphene is widely used in the engineering of batteries, computer chips, supercapacitors, transistors, energy generation, antennas, DNA sequencing, solar cells, water filters, touchscreens particularly for LCD or OLED displays, and spintronics-related products. These diverse applications of graphene is bolstering the graphene electronics market. Recently, Cambridge scientists have announced that graphene can also act as a superconductor. Graphene is enhancing the contemporary electronic devices, as a coating in phones and tablets to improve the touch screens of the same. Incredible speed offered by the graphene make it a valuable part of computers as it helps in creating circuitry. Currently, this material is prevalently used in the wearable technology products such as an ultralight high-performance mechanical watch, smart-watches, and tablets, because of its mechanical properties and conductivity. Additionally, graphene is capable enough to spark the next-generation electronics that are more energy efficient. The emergence of miniaturization of technology in the electronics industry is encouraging the researches to use graphene in the creation of the world’s smallest transistor. Thinness and conductivity are the two distinctive properties of graphene which have been drifting the researches to look at its applications as a semiconductor. This enables the growth of faster electronics production. Research on this material has revealed that graphene chips are much faster to silicon ones, because of its ability to conduct electricity at room temperature. Thus, this material supports the replacement of existing technology with graphene semiconductors for computer chips. As a result of an augmented demand from multifarious sectors, the global graphene electronics market size stood at $586 million in 2018 and is projected to grow at a progressive CAGR of 37.6% over the forecast period 2019-2025.
Constant research of scientists for almost 15 years has revealed the fact that graphene is the most suitable material to make nanoscale electronics. This material has been identified as an excellent conductor of heat and electricity and fulfilling the thrust in nanotechnology research. Increase in R&D investigators’ investment in the formation of novel graphene-based nanostructured mediums to study their characteristic features is boosting the graphene electronics market demand. Therefore, nanotechnology application of the graphene electronics market will be growing at a profitable CAGR of 40.23% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
Recently, the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) and Research Institute for Life and Health Sciences (ICVS) of Minho collectively developed a graphene-based sensor that supports early diagnosis of malaria. This is a fast and reliable way of diagnosis, which is available at an accessible cost. Thus, this new rapid test is highly accepted across the biomedical industry for precise diagnosis and DNA analysis. This is a European initiative which is uplifting the next generation of imaging and detection technologies. Additionally, graphene stability makes it suitable for use even in tropical environments, and therefore, there is a demand influx in the graphene electronics market.
Furthermore, it is a lower-cost alternative which is currently available for DNA analysis. Graphene has replaced silicon, as it provides super-strong, flexible screens, and infinite connectivity in the future electronics. Triboelectric nanogenerator has been developed based on laser-induced graphene (LIG) composite. These generators are in demand to convert waste mechanical energy into electrical energy and offer high electrical conductivity. And also, acting as a promising technology for self-sustainable energy harvesters particularly in wearable electronic devices. Molecular electronic devices, printed electrodes, consumer electronics products, highly flexible, and lightweight supercapacitors for power storage, and corrosion-free household items are the most important consumer-oriented applications of graphene that are supporting the graphene electronics market.
Graphene Electronics Market in the North America Region:
North America has been identified as the dominating region which accounts for a regional share of 42.35% in the global graphene electronics market as of 2018. A research by the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) has stated that graphene usage is creating as enormous improvements in today’s digital memory solutions. It is possible mainly due to its magnetic properties which have led to a million-fold increase in capacity over today’s hard drives. Presence of foremost players namely Grafoid Inc., GrafTech International Ltd., Graphene Frontiers LLC, and Graphene Laboratories Inc. in this region are flourishing the growth of North America graphene electronics market.
Graphene in Flexible Electronics:
· Graphene has multitude of applications in consumer devices and technology. This material is highly flexible and transparent along with powerful electrical properties. These characteristics are driving the growth of graphene in portable electronics. There is an increase in the usage of graphene in smartphones and tablets as it enhances the durability of them and affords flexibility to fold like a paper. The popularity of wearable electronic devices coupled with the comfort offered by graphene is leading to graphene electronics market growth. Furthermore, graphene coating improves copper nanowires for usage in flexible electronics, and these applications of graphene are creating a lot of opportunities in the graphene electronics market.
· In addition to this, graphene is useful in the biomedical industry. Small machines and sensors made out of graphene are skilled in moving easily and harmlessly throughout the human body, and it also analyzes tissue and even in drugs delivering to exact areas. The upcoming years foresee an increase in the application of graphene in the biomedical industry which will expand the graphene electronics market size.
Solar Cell Material:
· Graphene has been chosen as a potential material in solar cells, because it is highly conductive and transparent. It is due to the capability of graphene is similar to that of silicon in generating solar energy. Silicon has been replaced with the graphene owing to its higher efficiency of 60% when compared to 25% efficiency of silicon. As a result, these cheaper and powerful graphene cells are contributing to the renewable energy trend. The increasing necessity for renewable energy is fuelling the demand for graphene and contributing to the graphene electronics market growth.
Major Players in Graphene Electronics Market Include:
Some of the key players active in the global graphene electronics market are AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group, Applied Graphene Materials plc, Grafoid Inc., GrafTech International Ltd., Graphene Frontiers LLC, Graphene Laboratories Inc., Graphene Square, Inc., Graphenea SA, Haydale Limited, and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. These companies have been constantly engaged in graphene electronics business partnership in order to strengthen their product portfolio and stabilize their existence in respective geographies.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Recent Developments in Graphene Electronics Marketplace:
· In 2019, The National Graphene Institute (NGI) at the University of Manchester and LifeSaver, which is a UK-based water filter manufacturer, has agreed for an 18-month research project to commercialize graphene-based water filters. This partnership agreement has led to the research on graphene membranes at the NGI, this has shown the assurance for cheap and effective water treatment that boosts the access to safe drinking water. Thus, this business strategy is fuelling the graphene electronics market growth.
· On July 2018, a new characterization service for graphene has been launched by the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) and the National Graphene Institute (NGI) at the University of Manchester to help businesses and industries in the U.K. which will be taking advantage of the material’s commercial opportunities and will also be driving this material industrialization as well. This service provides information about graphene, and it also helps to raise graphene innovation hubs across the U.K. It is also augmenting the graphene market demand.
· Presently, researchers at the University of Surrey and AMBER at Dublin have developed a new method for manufacturing graphene-treated silver nanowires, which is helpful in reducing the production costs for nanowire-based displays. It is replicating the capability of graphene as a genuine alternative to indium-tin oxide in flexible low-cost touchscreen displays. Moreover, it is gradually increasing the prominence of graphene which is boosting the graphene electronics market growth.
A. Graphene Nanoplatelets Market
B. Graphene Battery Market
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.