Oct 10, 2019 8:00 PM ET
Microcontroller Market Research Report 2025- Texas Instruments, NXP Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies, and Renesas Electronics
iCrowd Newswire -
Oct 10, 2019
The Microcontroller market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% to reach USD 35.1 billion by 2025.
A microcontroller (also termed as microcontroller unit or embedded controller) is a small and low-cost computer-on-a-chip product. This compact integrated circuit is developed to address specific functions in an embedded system. This technology typically comprises memory, processor, and input/output peripherals on a single chip. The industry growth is majorly attributed to the development of the automotive sector, coupled with increasing demand for luxury vehicles that use advanced microcontrollers. Furthermore, technology advancements, rising demand for smaller electronic components, and proliferation of smart grid system support the market development. However, an economic slowdown is expected to pull back the industry growth to some extent.
Request [email protected]
- The product segment is bifurcated into 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit products. 16-bit microcontroller accounted for significant revenue share. Some of the examples of this technology are Intel 8096, PIC2x and Motorola MC68HC12 families.
- Microcontrollers are used in various products ranging from robots, vehicles, office machines, vending machines to medical devices, mobile radio transceivers, and home appliances.
- The simplest application would be in the electric equipment such as refrigerators, ovens, mobile devices, toasters, and televisions. Whereas, advanced sophisticated use of microcontrollers lies in spacecraft, aircraft, vehicles, robots and life-support systems.
- In the diagnostic and pharmaceutical sector, the need for precision in medical treatment, and governmental assistance supporting technological advancements towards medical automation is encouraging investors to put their money in the development of advanced microcontrollers. Hence, demand is expected to increase.
- The memory devices segment is categorized as an external memory microcontroller and embedded memory microcontroller. The later one captured significant revenue share of the worldwide market.
- In 2018, the worldwide industry was led by North America. A major factor bolstering the regional surge is the humongous consumer base for smartphones, tablets, and other consumer electronics.
- Microprocessors are widely utilized for research purposes in robotics more so in the North American region for reducing manual error and time efficiency.
- Key players such as NXP Semiconductor, Renesas Electronics, STMicroelectronics, Microchip Technology, Texas Instruments, and Infineon Technologies are covered
Check [email protected]
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY PRODUCT
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical Devices
- Military & Defense
Read complete report [email protected]
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of MEA
AnalystView Market Insights
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 615-326-5253 (U.S. Toll Free)
Keywords: Microcontroller Market Players, Microcontroller Market Size, Microcontroller Market Share, Microcontroller Market Growth, Microcontroller Market Trends