Rice cooker is not just a cooking vessel; instead it is a magical pot with which you can cook several delicious and nutritious foods when you have the best one with you. It is found that most of the people use rice cooker to cook rice only. Now be creative in kitchen and try your hands on your favourite rice cooker to cook following dishes.
- Boiled Eggs – Rice cooker helps to boil many eggs at once. Alternatively, you can whip up some eggs and throw in some chopped or frozen vegetables to cook something special within no time.
- Giant Pancake – Pancake can be considered as dessert or a breakfast item, and it is very prominent among Americans. A giant pancake can be made in a rice cooker very easily.
- Breakfast Cereals – Hot breakfast cereals like oatmeal can be cooked in a rice cooker. The process is, you need to soak your cereal overnight in the cooker, and then in the morning turn it on; it will be cooked in half an hour.
- Steamed vegetables and meats – When you are cooking your rice, you can also add vegetables and meats in a steaming tray inside the rice cooker subject to- your cooker allows you to the use of steaming tray. Nice flavours will be incorporated with this combination.
- Mac and Cheese – Mac and cheese and other types of pasta can be cooked with the help of rice cooker. These items can be cooked with minimal effort using the cooker.
- Hummus – Chickpeas used in making of hummus are made in rice cooker by cooking for an hour and half. Then chickpeas are pureed, and other ingredients are added to make hummus.
- Cheese Cake – Many kinds of baked foods can be made in a rice cooker. First of all, mixing of ingredients such as cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream, lemon juice and flour takes place in the rice cooker bowl. Then turn to cake cooking setting and you are ready with your cheese cake.
- Tofu and Vegetables – Some sauces to add flavour are added to tofu and vegetables in rice cooker. Then following the same rice cooking instructions, you can have your one pot meal.
- Tapioca Pudding – Pudding setting is available in many types of rice cookers, so you can also make tapioca pudding with this setting. You need to put tapioca pearls, mix with other ingredients and add milk, and then change the setting to porridge cycle.
So, several kinds of dishes can be made with your simple rice cooker. You need not to invest in different kitchen appliances for baking or cooking as you can study from above that even cakes can be cooked in a rice cooker subject to- setup should be available. Now it is your time to purchase rice cooker from a reputed brand to cook your favourite dishes.