Designed for the millions of referees, sports coaches, teachers and umpires globally, RefStuff are raising to launch their first 2 products – RefScorer and RefSgloves. The company is already in distribution discussions with top sports wholesalers internationally, including the Referee’s Association.
- The company is targeting sales of over 17,500 products in year one
- The company forecasts £160k revenue in the first 12 months
- Founder holds experience within a sports coaching franchise
- Patent pending for third product, the RefScorer Digital
The job of a referee is to observe and adjudicate a match. Although trials of more app based products have taken place with the FA, these have been generally unsuccessful as referees prefer simple, lightweight and quick scoring tools that don’t distract from the action.
RefStuff Limited has received interest in its two initial products, with the RefScorer Digital (patent pending) currently being prototyped. The products have been designed to be used by the millions of teachers, sports coaches, and unofficial referees/umpires globally.
The initial target will be football referees (the 5m official registered referees listed on the FIFA database), but we aim to develop products for other sports e.g. NFL, rugby, and basketball which require higher scoring. RefScorer can be used for sports with low scoring games, such as football and hockey.
Prototypes, tooling, and the production run have been funded by the directors to date with a £22,600 startup loan. Distribution agreements are in early stage discussions with various wholesalers in the UK, US, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands:
– Reydon who are a top UK sports distributor/wholesaler
– A&H International, the Official Premier League referee kit supplier
– Referees’ Association (13.5k members)
– Soccer United in Canada
– RefereeStore.com in the US.
We aim to create technology that you can count on