TheFoodMarket.com is an online food & drink marketplace, working with 150 independent merchants selling high-quality products. Launched in April 2016, the company is targeting the £9bn UK Ethical Food & Drink market. Investors include founders of MoneySupermarket.com, feelunique.com & Play.com.
- Founder spent 11 years at Amazon and Play.com
- Backed by founders of MoneySupermarket.com, feelunique.com, Play.com
- Ethical Food & Drink market is valued at £9bn in the UK
- Seen in The Times, The Guardian, Jamie Oliver Magazine and more
We love great food, and we want to make the experience of discovering incredible, independently-produced food (the sort you would find while browsing a local food market) as convenient as a trip to the supermarket.
So, we created TheFoodMarket.com — a sprawling online marketplace for fine-quality, natural and organic food and drink from small producers and sellers.
How do we work?
TheFoodMarket.com is an e-commerce marketplace. We connect discerning customers with merchants who produce or sell high-quality products that wouldn’t be widely found in supermarkets. We drive the sales and the merchants deliver directly to the customers.
We already have 150 hand-picked merchants on board, who offer over 3,000 natural and organic products through us, from gourmet cheeses to specialist health foods. Customers can filter by their dietary requirements to make finding vegan, vegetarian or allergen-free foods easier to find.
Some highlights so far:
• We launched fully in April 2016 and project to generate £140k in Gross Merchandise Value by FY ending April 2017
• Coverage in national publications includes The Times, The Guardian, Jamie Oliver Magazine,Stylist and Delicious Magazine
• At an early stage, we secured investment from high-profile angels, including the founders of MoneySupermarket.com, feelunique.com and Play.com
• Some of our merchants sell exclusively online with us