Hitachi Social Innovation Awards
Social Innovation starts with an idea: one simple thought that has the power to change the world. AtHitachi, we’re bringing these possibilities to life with advanced information technologies and infrastructure solutions. But we’re not doing it alone. Through unique co-creation platforms, we’re bringing thinkers and doers together to accelerate Social Innovation—working smarter, faster and more creatively towards a better tomorrow.
The Hitachi Social Innovation Awards is a celebration of creativity & innovation in Australia. We invite students, researchers, inventors & startups to share their innovative ideas across 4 categories of social innovation:
1. Smart Agriculture
2. Connected Health
4. Smart Cities
Four short-listed finalists will travel to present their idea to Australia’s top industry & academic leaders in innovation at the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum at the Sofitel Wentworth in Sydney on December 1, 2016. It will be a unique opportunity to meet potential partners, while there are 5 cash prizes to be won with the overall winner collecting $10,000 towards implementing their idea.
Who can enter?
- Individuals and teams from Australia who have ideas, projects or ventures within the scope of four categories: Smart Agriculture, Connected Health, Mining & Smart Cities.
- Students, researchers & startups are particularly encouraged to apply.
The scope of applicants within each category is broad, including research, technology & startup ventures. In terms of the specific scope within each category:
- Smart Cities: Ideas, research & technologies in Energy, Water, Environment, Transport & Public Safety that contribute the greatest potential social impact for the cities of the future.
- Connected Health: Medical devices, technology, software or research that improves social health outcomes
- Mining: Ideas that improve the efficiency, productivity or environmental impact of mining
- Smart Agriculture: Ideas & technologies that improve the efficiency, productivity or environmental impact of agriculture.
How to Enter?
Click ‘Apply’ to enter which will take you through the online process, which includes:
Summary: (~200 words) Provide an overview of the research idea /project /technology / venture. Optional video up to 3 minutes that provides a summary of you, your team and idea for a wider audience to vote.
Innovation: (500 word max) : How is your project innovative? Please compare it with current approaches.
Impact: (500 word max) : Describe…