Vakay.co.uk is a brand new holiday search platform which enables people to find the perfect holiday for their budget and travel dates. Launched just five months ago, partners include Thomson, First Choice and Thomas Cook. The team have experience from British Airways and lastminute.com.
- Raising finance to invest in tech and marketing
- Aim to become an online advertising platform for destination marketing
- 2,000 users in five months
- Targeting a trade sale of the business in year 5
Vakay.co.uk is a new travel website that provides destination recommendations based solely on your budget and dates.
We want to personalise holiday booking in the way it used to be before the internet age, when you would receive tailored recommendations from a high street travel agent. The vast majority of current travel websites require you to know your desired resort before you can begin a search. Those that do allow you to search without a specific destination, display a huge list of holiday packages with little relevancy to your personal preferences or budget. Vakay aims to save you hours of research and to help you quickly discover exciting locations.
Vakay will also become an online advertising platform for destination marketing organisations, looking to reach high value UK consumers who are open to exploring new locations. We have already held discussions with Visit Portugal and hope to progress at the World Travel Market in November.
Traction to date:
– Incorporated November 2015
– Launched an MVP product in April 2016
– Became agents with Thomson, First Choice and Thomas Cook
– Over 2,000 users have visited the website, with over 60% using the new search concept.
The user feedback we have received has been positive, with many impressed by the product.