New York, NY 10122, US
MonDevices is a company that provides innovative wearable sensor technology. It has been recognized for the development of its first product, the MonBaby® Smart Button.
We’ve founded the company in 2013 and are privately held, headquartered in New York, NY, bootstrapped and majority owned by the senior management team. Overall, we’ve grown quite a bit since we started and expect to continue growing at an exponential rate moving forward as well. We started with an idea and turned that into an award-winning product, which we launched in the beginning of 2015. We’ve structured relationships with service providers and distributors/retailers to bring a novel, high-quality product to consumers in the US initially, expanded to the Canadian market in Q4 of 2015 and have struck deals with a multitude of international distributors worldwide to expand our global footprint. Below are some highlights to summarize who we are and where we are in our growth cycle:
– We launched the product in the beginning of 2015 and have sold thousands of MonBabies to satisfied customers;
– The MonBaby is available on many websites (Target, WalMart, BestBuy US, Best Buy Canada, SkyMall, etc.) and will be launched in 444 Target stores across the US at the end of July;
– We’re working with international distributors and the MonBaby expansion will take place on a global level starting this year;
– We’ve got national news coverage from Fox, Yahoo! Tech, CNET, and many others (please see below for a full list);
– We’re friends and family funded and are opening this round only prior to a Q3 event that we deem will cause a significant increase in sales (after this time we do not anticipate having any future funding rounds) – come ride the wave with us!
Products / Services
MonBaby Smart Button
Bringing home a new baby is exciting, overwhelming and anxiety-inducing. We’re inventors and engineers, but we’re also parents, and we know this feeling all too well.
With MonBaby, we set out to ease new parents’ fears about what’s going on in the crib while their baby sleeps. MonBaby provides active monitoring and an easy way for parents to follow the safe sleep recommendations.
MonBaby is a smart, wearable baby monitor that snaps easily onto any typical onesie or pajama, just like a button. It tracks a multitude of factors including breathing movement, sleep position, falls, proximity and activity while sending alerts to an app on the parent’s smartphone.
MonBaby’s uniqueness lies in its universal form factor and attachment mechanism. The device consists of two parts, a button and a shell. The shell goes underneath the baby’s clothing and the button on top. The two parts are snapped together, trapping the clothing in between.
Chief Executive Officer
An economics graduate of UC Berkeley and Harvard University. Successful serial entrepreneur, former founder of AdoTube.
Chief Technology Officer
Holds a Ph.D. in Particle Physics from Columbia University, a patent in the IT industry and over 50 scientific publications. Inventor of MonBaby.
Chief Operating Officer
With a BA in Economics and a JD/MBA, Eugene joined the MonDevices team in 2015 bringing with him solid experience with an emphasis on legal, financial, HR, administrative and managerial functions.
Group Leader/Lead Engineering
Bachelor in Electronics (Cambridge, UK). Production Engineering and Customer Service Management in State of the Art Semiconductor High Tech equipment industry. Hardware and Software design.
Graduate of the University of Michigan with a B.A. in English Literature. Experienced in operations and production management for over 15 years.