Disclosure NewswireTMiCrowdNewswire - Aug 30, 2016
HENDERSON, Nev. – Double Crown Resources, Inc. (DDCC), is pleased to announce that today The United States Patent and Trademark Office has issued patent number 9,428,330 for the interlocking, intermodal commodity transport system called Translock² (Translock Squared). Additionally, two follow-up patent applications have already been filed and another is now being prepared that all cover key design features of this unparalleled commodity transport and storage system which has major applications in multiple industries across the worldwide marketplace. Double Crown management is currently engaged in direct negotiations with some of the largest companies in the shipping and industrial container business sector regarding licensing contracts for commercial implementation of the Translock² system. Considerations are also being given to licensing specific Translock² design features for incorporation into existing container models made by other companies and already in commercial use.
At this time, Double Crown management invites all interested parties to review a very informative trade article entitled The Containerization of Commodities (in The Geography of Transport Systems, 3rd Edition) where author Dr. Jean-Paul Rodrigue (Dept. of Global Studies & Geography, Hofstra University of New York) pointed out that many segments of the raw materials and food commodity chains are in the process of being containerized and that this process is being driven by several factors:
- A growing availability of containers in transport markets around the world, making it a rather ubiquitous transport product. Yet, this ubiquity is challenged by shortages of containers and of specific container sizes in some markets.
- Economies of scale in bulk shipping making the minimum load unit increasingly large and less accessible to smaller commodity exporters.
- A general rise in commodity prices and growing demand in new markets have made many commodities more prone to be containerized from a value proposition standpoint.
- Fluctuations and rises in bulk shipping rates have incited the search, when possible, of alternatives to bulk shipping. Volatility also makes long term planning for bulk shipping complex and subject to risks.
- Relatively stable and even declining container shipping costs, particularly in light of rising commodity prices, rendered the container even more attractive since shippers can be confident about the stability of container shipping rates.
- Global trade imbalances are transcribed in imbalanced container shipping rates, which represent a notable export subsidy for return (backhaul) cargo. For markets having notable imbalances, such as China (exports) and the United States (imports), incentives are acute.
- Empty container repositioning has created opportunities by making available pools of empty containers that can be filled for backhauls flows.
- A tendency to move processing close to production, particularly in agricultural sectors in developing economies that are focusing on exports for global markets. Unlike unprocessed raw materials or agricultural goods, processed goods are more suitable for containerization. For instance, processed cocoa and cashew nuts are highly suitable for containerization.
Allen E. Lopez, President of Double Crown Resources stated, “The Translock² intermodal system has no equal in its advantages for the modern containerized macro logistics transport and storage model. The negotiations we are currently engaged in for marketing this new level of technology are making it very clear to us that every company involved in major commodity shipping will want to employ Translock² in some way for the huge improvements it will bring in terms of cost and time savings, safety, security and environmental protection. With the feedback we have been getting to our Translock² presentations in the last few weeks we have never been more bullish on the future.” Image
About Double Crown Resources, Inc.
Double Crown Resources, Inc., is a publicly traded company in the natural resources industry. In addition to our minerals and global commodities supply business, we market the patent-pending, multi-advantage container system called Translock² (Translock Squared). This system is designed for highly efficient, economical and environmentally friendly shipment of aggregate commodities. Additionally, we hold a 100% interest in the Bateman gold and nickel prospect near Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. Double Crown Resources, Inc., originally founded in 2006, is based in Henderson, NV with marketing offices in Houston, TX.
Neither this press release nor any related calls or discussions constitutes an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities.
You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements in this press release. This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Words such as “will,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “plans,” “goal,” “expects,” “future,” “intends,” and similar expressions are used to identify these forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties, and there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These factors, risks and uncertainties are discussed in the Company’s annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014 as updated from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company is not responsible for updating the information contained in this press release beyond the published date, or for changes made to this document by wire services or Internet services. For further information about Double Crown Resources, Inc., please refer to its website at http://www.doublecrownresources.com.
Double Crown Resources, Inc.
Jerold S. Drew, CEO & Chairman of the Board
10120 S. Eastern Ave. Suite 200
Henderson, Nevada 89052
Phone: (707) 961-6016