Seeds of Africa – Back to School Campaign
Seeds of Africa provides quality education to students in Ethiopia. Every dollar given is MATCHED!
We invite you to join us in our Back to School campaign! Our goal is to raise $8,000 which will cover all of our students’ expenses for this first month of the 2016/2017 school year. ***We have already been given a Matching Gift so every dollar donated is doubled!
Atti Worku started Seeds of Africa as a way to provide access to an exceptional education for children like those in her childhood neighborhood of Adama, Ethiopia.
Our “Seeding Education” program works to disrupt the traditional Ethiopian ‘chalk and talk’ teaching method by creating a student-centered approach. We use active and project-based learning to cultivate the 21st century skills required for students to thrive in today’s increasingly global economy. The confidence and creativity of our students serves as a testament to the power of this approach.
We invite you to join us in our Back to School campaign! Our goal is to raise $8,000 which will cover all of our students’ expenses for this first month of the 2016/2017 school year.
*Student expenses include (Medical, Books, Supplies, Food and Uniforms)
What We Need & What You Get
- We need to raise $8000 to cover the first month’s expenses for the upcoming school year.
- We are offering unique gifts such as handwritten letters from the students, Ethiopian Coffee, Tickets to our fall events, and more!
- We have a matching gift partner. Every dollar you give is doubled!
- All funds raised during this campaign will be covering our student’s expenses for the upcoming school year.
- Up to 170 students living in Adama, Ethiopia will receive quality, world-class education.
- Our goal last year was $6000 and we surpassed that within the first two weeks! We hope to do the same and raise more money to cover additional months of the school year.
- Our goal is to provide quality education and continue our community development programs. Our students and their families are able to thrive and are empowered to change their current circumstances – ending the cycle of poverty. We have witnessed so many success stories over the past few years and hope this year will result in many more!
Risks & Challenges
- It is expensive to run our programs and we would not be able to do it without the help of our donors through these campaigns. We are thankful for you and want to always seek new and innovative ways to raise funds in sustainable ways.
- This is our first year using a crowd-funding campaign platform. Our hope is that more people learn about our mission and help us build awareness for quality education around the world.
Other Ways You Can Help
- If you are unable to donate at this time we would love for you to follow us on social media and share about our campaign on your own pages and feeds. You are welcome to use any of our pictures to share and build awareness. You can use the Indiegogo share tools!