A Global Community of Impact Investors Bringing a Diversified Portfolio of Breakthrough Health Innovations to Market.
ieCrowd offers investors a new way to invest in breakthrough health innovations while mitigating some of the risks typically associated with early-stage investing. At ieCrowd, we secure full worldwide rights to commercialize health inventions. Once secured, we form a new subsidiary under ieCrowd for each innovation, and we assign and support in-house teams to focus on developing and bringing the innovations to market. This approach allows us to develop more than one innovation at a time, and diversifies shareholder risk amongst our subsidiaries.
Our experienced team has a track record of successfully bringing innovations to market, but we realized that together, as a crowd, we can have a larger impact on world health by commercializing more innovations and spreading our investors’ risk among those innovations.
By partnering with leading research institutions and universities, we have access to a pipeline of innovations that usually don’t make it out of the lab, but have the potential to improve health on a global scale. Our team of entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, and impact investors identify and license the innovations that we believe will provide the highest financial return and will have the largest impact on global health.
To further mitigate investor risk, the technologies we license and commercialize must have received prior funding from public or private sources to finance the discovery’s research and development before we license the innovations and bring them to market.
Currently, ieCrowd is working on two innovations – Kite and Nuuma:
- Kite: a revolutionary CO2 blocking technology that makes people virtually invisible to mosquitos without the use of DEET. Kite raised $557,000 in pre-sales, completed manufacturing earlier this year, and is now available on Indiegogo InDemand. Kite has also secured a multi-year international distribution deal with the potential value of $80M over the next six years.
- Nuuma: a digital nose that can be integrated with mobile phones and wearable technology. Potential applications include detecting diseases such as cancer monitoring air quality, preventing drunk driving, and food and agricultural safety, among others. Nuuma is slated for launch in Q1, 2017, and already received a $20M LOI.
Investing in ieCrowd provides:
- Diversification with the ability to invest in one company with several breakthrough technologies.
- Participation in ieCrowd’s current and future discoveries.
- A defined path to liquidity with a planned IPO.
- Transparency with independent audits and planned Federal financial reporting.
- Professional management dedicated to ieCrowd’s mission.
- We invite you to join our global community of impact investors.
$14,000,000 raised from investors worldwide including angel investors, funds, and family offices.
$20,000,000 Letter of Interest received for Nuuma, ieCrowd’s nano-materials-based gas-sensor chip.
Kite signed a six-year agreement with potential value of $80,000,000 for exclusive distribution of Kite products in Japan and South Korea.
Nuuma received $2,800,000 in grant funding from the National Institute of Health, Center for Nanoscience Innovation for Defense and others.
Completed manufacturing and launched InDemand campaign with Indiegogo to sell Kite Shield, an effective, DEET-free mosquito repellent.
$557,000 raised from 11,254 backers via Indiegogo campaign for Kite Patch, a future follow-on product for Kite Shield.