Wall In Trump
We’re building a sandbag wall in front of one of Trump’s skyscrapers in New York City.
Trump has gone too far with fear mongering and hate speech. We want to send a message that only he will understand. On August 30th, in a stand of solidarity, we will build a quarter-million pound sandbag wall on the front lawn of one of Trump’s skyscrapers in NYC.
Hello from the Wall In Trump Team!
From the bottom of our hearts – THANK YOU for viewing our campaign.
Who are we?
We are four friends. Mara and James have worked side by side on several design projects. Luke, David and James met in college while studying design. We know this U.S. election is too important to idly stand by and watch, and feel compelled to do something about it.
Why a wall?
Our hope is that by building this ridiculously MASSIVE wall, we can use Trump’s words against him to grab the attention of media, Trump supporters, and Mr. Trump himself – in an attempt to fight the hate-speech and lies that pervade his campaign. We want to start a conversation – to remind people that this election is about much more than Republicans or Democrats. We are deciding on the next role model for the youth our country, on whether or not diversity is seen as something to celebrate or fear. We need to make the right decision.
Our wall will make a difference
All donations will go to the “I Have A Dream” Foundation, whose mission is to fight discrimination by promoting higher education in low-income communities.
What We Need & What You Get
- Your $10 donation allows you to drop one heavy sandbag in front of Trump’s property. Together we are going to make a BIG statement.
- Your $50 gives you a chance to speak out. Take this opportunity to send a message to Trump. We will embed a Youtube video of your choosing on our webpage (in addition to delivering a sandbag for you).
- We need to raise $60,000. We’ve been quoted $30,000 for the delivery of 10,000 25 lb sandbags from Sandbags LLC – a national sandbag supplier, who has a distribution center 45 minutes from Central Park in New Jersey. Additionally, it will cost $15,000 to remove the sandbags. The remaining $15,000 will go to purchasing event permits from the Central Park Authorities, hiring security, and insurance. Anything in excess will be donated to the “I Have a Dream” Foundation.
- The more money we raise, the bigger this wall can be. The economies of scale work such that our removal fees increase only slightly with every 5,000 sandbags purchased. This means more funds for our friends at The Foundation.
- If we don’t reach our entire goal – every dollar raised will go to the “I Have a Dream” Foundation.
Risks & Challenges
We’ve been working tirelessly since April to make this a reality. We’ve met with various authorities to ensure everything checks out. Citywide Special Events has been incredibly helpful in coordinate the logistics. We are still working out the details of the final location. As you can imagine, dropping 250,000 pounds of sand anywhere in NYC can congest traffic, especially in Central Park. Our first preference for the event is on the edge of Central Park at W59th St and Ave of Americas. Our second choice is Central Park West and W 59th ST, in front of Trump International. Our backup location is 72nd St Traverse and Terrace Drive. We will settle on the exact location in mid-August.
You can trust us to deliver. We are four super dedicated and disciplined individuals, with a vision for something big. Collectively, our team consists of professional designers, event organizers, mechanical engineers, and crazy party throwers. After all, this isn’t rocket science – we’re just delivering a ton of sandbags (125 tonnes to be exact). It will happen with your help
Other Ways You Can Help
If you believe theres nothing scarier than a world where Trump is president – then join us – share with your friends – Let’s make this happen!