10×10 Sydney, August 18 2016
Date: Thursday, 18th August, 2016.
Time: 6:30pm – 10:00pm
Venue: Clearview Wealth Offices, 20 Bond St, Sydney NSW 2000
Cost: $100 – Entry to the exclusive 10×10 event + 2x $50 charity vouchers to donate to the charity of your choice.
Increase your impact with our $150 and $250 donation options and receive bonus entry into our fab raffle prize draw – with some great prizes up for grabs!
10 x 10 was started by a group of Sydney-based young professionals and creatives who wanted to fight apathy and engender a culture of giving and philanthropy within our communities.
There are thousands of charities – how do you know which one to support?
How do you know where your money is going?
I don’t have enough time to find out what’s out there, let alone whether they’re legit.
I’m not a millionaire so how can I make a difference?
THE 10 X 10 SOLUTION
1) 10 x 10 is a scalable platform of events that provide a unique and social forum for young professionals and creatives to give to emerging charities whose causes resonate with them.
2) Each event showcases three emerging local charities, carefully chosen as organisations creating solutions to complex social issues in our communities.
3) Supported by the 10×10 founders, each event is planned and hosted by a fresh committee of 10, typically guests at prior events. Each committee member hosts 10 guests at the event, bringing together over 100 people who each contribute $100 or more, raising $10,000 (at least!).
4) Each charity has five minutes to pitch in the style of the popular UK television show, The Dragon’s Den, and are then questioned by a special guest Dragon about their cause and business model.
5) The amount you donate through Pozible in advance ($100 or more) is turned into vouchers for ‘Charity Dollars’ in increments of $50. After hearing the pitches, you choose the organisations you most want to support. Many people want to support all three charities so they contribute $150 or more.
6) All costs of each event are covered by event sponsors, to ensure that ALL funds raised on the night go directly to the three charities.
This time around, we thought we’d try something new. 10 x 10 Sydney has supported and impacted many young charities, and we’d like to call back a select few for round 2. The 10 x 10 committee has carefully skimmed through the the past charities and selected 3 ‘All Stars’ that have . These three will be pitching for your support on night.
The Social Outfit is a registered charity and social enterprise whose purpose is to employ and train people from refugee and new migrant communities. We celebrate creativity and our diverse community, and believe fashion and creativity can lead to learning and empowerment.
We provide training and employment in clothing production, retail, design and marketing. By working from the traditional and cultural strengths of our diverse community, we aim to build-up lasting skills.
Our purpose is to build technology that supports any individual to change their relationship with alcohol. Whether it is taking a break from drinking or simply cutting back – we are here to support you and your choice.
Since 2010 Hello Sunday Morning has grown to be the largest online movement for alcohol behaviour change in the world.
Our vision is a world where drinking is an individual choice, not a cultural expectation. A world where confidence and identity aren’t measured in standard servings. A world of better choices, fewer hangovers and unforgettable Sunday mornings.
We believe that no Australian adult should be prevented from pursuing their ambitions and fulfilling their potential simply because they have a disability. Yet the stark reality is that 85% of young adults with profound disabilities in Australia experience life-long unemployment and have just one-tenth the opportunity for social participation outside the home compared with the “average” Australian.
Through the creation of innovative training programs and social businesses, Fighting Chance provides opportunities for meaningful social participation, employment, work experience and skill development to young people with the most significant disabilities in our community.
How The Funds Will Be Used
1. Your ‘buy-in’ to come along is a donation of $100 or more. You pre-pay this on Pozible, one of Australia’s leading crowdfunding websites, and get a confirmation of your contribution. The pooled funds are held securely by Pozible.
2. When you arrive on the night, you’ll get the amount of your donation back in the form of vouchers for charity dollars in $50 increments – so you’ll receive 2 or more depending on how much you donated through Pozible. You will be able to allocate each voucher worth $50 charity dollars to any of the three charities over the course of the event. Each charity has a jar to collect charity dollars.
3. Each of the three charities will have 10 minutes to deliver their pitch in the style of the popular UK TV show, the Dragons Den. They’ll be pitching to you and the crowd, and to our resident dragon. This time around we have asked our ‘ALL STARS’ to report back to the audience about how they used the funds from their previous pitch and the impact they have had.
4. The Dragon will question each charity about their pitch and business model.
5. The audience will then have 5 minutes to ask their questions.
6. When all the pitches are done, you drop your charity dollars into the jar of the charity (or charities) who you loved the most. If you’re really inspired by the charities on the night, we’ll give you instructions on how to make an additional donation.
7. ALL of the pooled funds will then be distributed to the charities based on the tallied up contributions.
Please note: your ticket purchase is converted to your donation. 100% of your money is passed directly onto the charities and is fully tax deductible. We charge charities a 7.5% project fee of total revenue raised to cover 10×10 admin and infrastructure costs.