Renewable Ocean Wave Power Machine
An ocean wave power machine that has the potential to replace fossil fuel.
Wavetech is a new ocean wave power machine that has the potential to replace fossil fuel.
My name is Mary Hasavari. I am part of a team developing a new ocean wave power machine that has the potential to replace fossil fuel.
10 years ago, my father Nader Hasavari – a construction engineer from Trondheim, Norway, developed the idea for a power machine that could harvest the energy from offshore ocean waves. Together with Mohsen Pourjavad – a specialist in offshore oil rig constructions and Marine Technology, we are now in the process of fully realising this project.
What is the Challenge?
Until now, there is no fully functioning offshore wave power machines that has been economically sustainable. The reason is that waves out at sea are so powerful, they have ended up breaking the constructions leading to enormous maintenance cost, creating energy no one could afford to buy. Offshore ocean waves therefore has remained untapped – a source experts say could potentially be the solution to our energy challenges and the source that has the biggest potential to replace fossil fuel.
Why Offshore Wave Power?
– Offshore ocean waves is an endless, sustainable power source.
– While windmills, tidal waves and solar panels need to cover vast land areas, Offshore ocean power machines are in the ocean where they will be a bother to no one.
– By making a simple and robust construction, we keep the maintenance cost down, and therefore the power we can offer the consumer will be low as well, so low that it can compete with fossil fuel.
What have we achieved so far?
In a project like this there are many milestones that has to be reached and several stages of development. So far we have successfully achieved:
– International patent.
– Funding from Innovation Norway twice.
– Small scale model/prototype I
– Principle testing in ocean.
– Analysis testing by a certified research organization.
What do we need?
We still need to reach one more milestone, which is to make one more small scale model test in the ocean
– Small scale model test II
Please allow me to explain something briefly.
Developing a power machine is a big, multi million dollar project, and we need governmental funding to make that happen. Applying to such a fund is more complicated then you might think. We still need to do one more model test before we are eligible to apply for such funding and that’s where you come in. This model test cost 50 000 USD. With your support we can make it happen.
Governmental funding will give us the opportunity to make the very costly full scale model test and and fully realise the project by offering it to several countries and their governments.
We are at the final milestone before we can realise the project.
What Happens If We Don’t Reach Our Goal In Indiegogo?
– We will still go on to make the test, but the remaining money will have to come from private investors which will take time. Meanwhile the CO2 from fossil fuel is harming the planet. Support us in creating an innovation that can replace fossil fuel.
For more details visit our website: http://www.renewableoceanwaveenergy.com/