COMMUNITY OTOME GAME: CAHOOTS
Want to customize an otome game from scratch? Cahoots is a community otome game that will give you a chance to take part in game development. Design via vote:
- Art style
- Heroine (MC)
- Love interest (LI), and more!
When and where will it launch?
Cahoots will be developed over the course of 24 months. You can pre-order Cahoots on itch.io starting July 10th. In return, you will gain access to a series of surveys and a private discussion forum; the results shape the game. See below for a teaser of the first survey, including but not limited to story and art. Due to the interactive nature of the rewards, all tiers are time-sensitive, so keep your eyes peeled!
Tell me about the rewards!
Prices in USD.
- $10—Get a digital copy of Cahoots, your name in the credits, and access to all surveys available from time of purchase.
- $35—Get all of the above PLUS an animated cursor set featuring the MC and LI (made for Tumblr), and a 5-page digital sketch art booklet, you vote on its content!
- $80 (Limited: 1 Slot)—Get all of the above PLUS a handmade mini popup card (B&W, zendoodling). Includes shipping.
For budget buyers, Cahoots will retail for $5 sans rewards upon game release.
Tell me about the surveys!
Surveys open and close at the beginning and end of each month, respectively. Options range from 2-5. For example, first you vote on a choice of two sample art styles, then you vote on a choice of two sample colour palettes.
The story selection puts a new spin on classics:
- Idol—Perverse celestial entertainer/混混仙姑 (MC) x Knockoff door god/山寨門神 (LI)
- Wafuu—Spotlighting supernatural rare in otome games
- Transported to another world—MC (speaker of language A) x LI (speaker of language B), trapped in a (language C only) game
Tell me about funding and features!
At the moment, Cahoots is set to feature 1 LI, 5 CGs, and 2 endings.
$1850 will buy me the time it’ll take to write, draw, and program everything on schedule. The money also covers rewards and fees. I will set an OST stretch goal once I receive more information on the cost.
I hope to bring you a good experience and game. Please support this project by buying the game, spreading the word, and/or sharing your thoughts with me. Thank you.