The Place To Be
A universal question asked by millions of people throughout the world:
“Where to have a drink?”
Wherever you are in the world, Barnaby is the mobile application that will guide you to the best addresses:
- Where can you taste the best beer in Brussels?
- Where can you sit to have a coffee and use wi-fi in Lyon?
- Where can you enjoy Tea Time with your grandmother in London?
- Where can you invite your fiancée to share a cocktail in Hong Kong?
- Where can you invite colleagues for an after-work drink during a business trip in Toronto?
The Barnaby application was launched in June 2015. What has already been done is shown below. Your financial involvement will make it possible to develop the following features:
Here is an overview of the application after integration of the new features:
- FILTERS: Choice of the type of business and of the services offered (wi-fi, valet parking, cigar lounge, etc.)
- EXCLUSIVES OFFERS: Summer comes, the terraces open, imagine drinking a glass of rosé with the second one being on Barnaby.
- MAP: There is always a Barnaby-selected location near to where your are! Your thirst will soon be quenched.
- CAREFUL SELECTION: Fine products, pleasant staff, secret locations: No more tourist traps!
- CONCIERGE: Need to reserve a bar? A special recommendation? A Speakeasy password? Barnaby is there for you, anywhere and anytime.
- EVENTS: Wine tasting? An introduction to cocktails? A course on coffee? … Wherever you are, Barnaby gives you the chance to get your foot in the door.
- There are millions of bars throughout the world. Unfortunately, the best known are not always the best…
- Many establishments take unfair advantage of their geographical location. Exaggerated differences between the prices, the products, and the service.
- The best addresses are often known to just a small number of insiders.
- The tourist guides are always out of date at the time they are used… and they’re also too heavy and cumbersome!
- Very high turnover very high turnover of bars opening and going out of business around the planet… How do you decide? Who can you trust?
- Top class hotels have a bar and qualified staff… but they also find it quite difficult to attract clients from outside their business… Obviously, this is a significant loss of income for them!
- People do not dare or do not think of going inside a hotel under the pretext that they are not customers (not welcome).
BARNABY gives its Users:
- Addresses throughout the world
- A unique selection of establishments
- Real time geo-location
- Exclusive offers
- The opportunity to take part in unique events
BARNABY gives its Partners
- A top of the range visibility tool that preserves the brand image of the establishments and attracts desirable new clients from around the world
- A “Revenue Management” integration tool
Revenue Management – What is that?
The Barnaby sources of income:
- Bars pay an annual subscription of between 300 and 500€ (listing, promotional offers, beacons, promotion of events, etc.)
- The additional options over and above the annual fee (e.g.: 15€/promoted event)
- Sponsoring by major industry players (advertising/product placement/etc.)
- Big data/data mining (resale of client data> “use smartly”)
- On the horizon for 2018: introduction of a variable fee calculated on the number of consumers generated by the application
On 1 July 2016, the Barnaby Team will open its offices at the head office of the Moët Hennessy Group at 65 Avenue de la Grande Armée in Paris.
Our first clients:
To be in the heart of the city and in tune with the times
An application with strong potential: As evidence of this, a single communication operation (MyLittleParis partnership) enabled Barnaby to be rated as second in its category on the Apple Store (ahead of laFourchette, Foodora, and McDonald).
|Market positioning||Barnaby makes the quality of its partners’ listings a point of honor and thus undertakes to offer enhanced visibility to a desirable community of quality clients! Although the application is free, being a Barnaby user represents a real privilege. Obviously, numerous applications, tourist guides, and influential bloggers continue to flourish. But Barnaby is clearly positioned as the LEADER in its specific niche: The world of top of the range drinks (we do not list restaurants, exhibitions, brunches, etc.) BARNABY is unique!|
|Marketing strategy||1) Recruitment of a Sales and Communication manager 2) Call upon the services of a Press Relations agency to launch and support the BUZZ 3) Expand the Barnaby community through the social networks -> community manager + organization of dedicated events for influential bloggers 4) Multiple partnership projects/linked visibility with stakeholders linked to tourism: Uber, Eurostar, Airfrance, Deliveroo, etc. 5) Creation of advertising and teaching tools for the partners 6) Creation and structuring of a young, dynamic, ambitious sales teams for the prospecting and recruitment of new venues 7) Internet site (www.barnaby.club) : transformation of the simple existing “landing page” into a real site 8) Loyalty program to be put in place: sponsorship/scalable number of options/gamification – enhancement 9) Use of influential stakeholders/providers of clients. e.g. Mylittle Paris/Do it in London/ TimeOut/ hotel receptionists, etc.|
|Distribution strategy||1) Signing up luxury hotel chains for quick, high-quality, international dissemination 2) Seeking exclusivity with the largest possible number of establishments 3) Rapidly establishing partnerships with specifiers such as “Airbnb” or even “Onefinestay” in order to increase the number of users 4) Intelligent and tailored use of the sales team in the towns targeted to optimize the number of recruitments 5) Nomination of a “Barnaby AMBASSADOR” per town, for proactive feedback on changes in the various markets and trends 6) Prospection/filtering/skimming thanks to an”internal committee” for venue selection|
|Internationalization strategy||Targeted international development: 1) At the European level: Focusing on the 10 main towns showing the largest annual number of overnight stays (see “market” tab) 2) At the global level: Focusing on the 20 main towns showing the largest annual number of overnight stays (see “market” tab) !! Ensuring that Barnaby fully retains its flexibility in order to adapt to the change in the rating of the towns/target markets!! 3) Protecting the “BARNABY” brand internationally|
Travelers are more and more connected.
Reasons for using smartphones when traveling.
“For which of the following reasons do you use your mobile device while you are traveling ?” (statista 2016)
Users prefer native applications.
In this ecosystem 2.0, the Barnaby targets are:
– The new generation of “connected” travelers (+1700% between 2011 and 2015) F. Gonzalo, May 2016 – Ever more “sophisticated” young city dwellers for whom quality takes precedence. Barnaby offers value to its targets by offering them the right venues at the heart of the town. Being in tune with the times! “The best kept secrets”
Barnaby will not be everything to everyone
Quentin Thireau, BARNABY founder
Global trends (Tourism development – UNWTO, 2015):
“Overnight stays: 278 million in 1980 / 1133 million in 2014” “Number of tourists in 2030: 1.8 billion”
Barnaby offers the same services as the big names (e.g.: Uber)
- Dojo: brunch, exhibition, restaurant bar oriented mobile application … but no qualitative selection about the place
- Reserve: reservations and promotions tool, but at the moment only works for restaurants & is only in the United States
- Diaz/Snapbar: applications in Beta version, no qualitative selection, their common aim: informing users about the cheapest bars
- Abdus: mobile application which only offers listing & exclusively geared to “coffeeshop”
- Yelp / TripAdvisor: guide the user via client comments. No selection or promotionaloffers
- Privateaser/Youshould: internet sites, no application, and are only tools to reserve places for events
- GoFindIt: mobile applications developer for hotels and list the surrounding points of interest
- LaFourchette: just restaurant & and only reservation tool
- Le Fooding: only aimed at catering & no mobile application
Key success factors:
- Immediacy: A mobile application available at any place and at any time, with a geolocation system which precisely locates the client in order to send him/her local offers. Moreover, the inclusion of Beacon boxes at our partners’ sites allows “ultra” precise communication to be developed when the user passes in front of the place.
- Promotion: exceptional reductions and only available thanks to the Barnaby application.
- Selection of bars: a very precise pre-selection of the partner establishments as well as continuous quality control to guarantee the best client experience (future integration of a rating/internally collected comments system) and “mystery guest”, which randomly tests our partners.
- Ease of use: easy and practical access. An intuitive design which encourages the user to have a “seamless” experience on the application.
- Integration of a live concierge, making it possible to largely humanize the application and thereby offer a unique experience to each Client. The recommendations of this qualified concierge, as well as the possibility to have him reserve a table in a bar, offer a real competitive advantage!
- Prepayment: the future inclusion of the consumption payment system via the application will offer the Barnaby community practical, secure purchases (pre-registered bank cards and secure bank service).
Barnaby has observed that none of its competitors offer promotions or even the possibility to pay for their consumption directly via the app. Most of them only provide listings! Immediacy is an essential point with Barnaby. Its lightning-quick geolocation tool has only been possible with an IT development type: native. Costly, yes, but already greatly appreciated! Numerous competitors offer their users an application, but which is actually a simple adaptation of their Web site into a “mobile app” format (responsive design), the navigation also thereby becomes very complicated. None of the applications mentioned preselect the bars, with the exception of Time Out Bar (which grades its listed premises according to categories). Barnaby, on the other hand, offers an unbeatable selection of venues… It knows them all… This is a solid value and a guarantee of quality!
Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management (HES-‐SO)
At the crossroads of his passions are hospitality, travel and the web, the concept of Barnaby appears obvious to Quentin.
To provide the partner establishments (hotel bars, wine bars, tea rooms, coffee shops, cocktail bars, etc.) with a “revenue management ” tool.
BTS in Local Tourism Management and Development
Hôtel le Cinq Codet ***** Paris: Sales and Marketing Director
(+ Wonderbox / Mama Shelter Paris)
To develop the Barnaby product throughout the world so as to become an international benchmark for all travelers looking for exclusive premises “like true locals”, by combining the chic and unusual side.
Web + App Developer
Designer, UX Designer