Crowdfunding is currently the most popular means of raising money for important projects online. Some people are having a lot more success than others. And some are just curious about crowdfunding and wonder why certain campaigns are much more successful than others.
In order to get the most out of crowdfunding, it’s in your best interest to pay close attention to the following proven online fundraising tips. If you implement these strategies into your campaigns, you’ll have a much better chance at achieving your fundraising goals.
Are you ready to learn proven crowdfunding tips? Read on to find out the truth today.
Use These 5 Proven Tips to Create a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
- Pick the best platform to meet your fundraising goals – at this point in time; there are a wide variety of crowdfunding websites online to choose from. But none of these sites are created equally. Find the perfect website to meet your fundraising goals. Certain sites are more geared toward rewards crowdfunding. Other sites were specifically designed with equity crowdfunding in mind. Consider the fees associated with the sites. Plumfund for example, is free to use and there are no additional hidden fees. Most sites charge 5% which means less collected funds actually meet their funding purpose.
- Share your story with the rest of the world – when creating an online crowdfunding campaign, it’s essential to create a pitch and share a powerful story with your potential audience. Remember, you are trying to get their attention. If your story is dull and bland, then nobody is going to connect with you and no one will want to support your campaign. The best way to gain financial support for a startup, as an example, is to come up with a great pitch and then share your personal story. Make the story about you, the project, or make it about your company. Just make sure this story has a powerful, positive impact on your potential supporters.
- What’s in it for me? – This is the question that every one of your supporters is going to ask themselves as they look over your crowdfunding campaign. Hardly anyone supports a campaign for the hell of it. They want to get something cool out of it. The better your gifts, the more money you’ll raise and the more supporters you’ll have spreading the message.
- Engaging with supporters – many of your potential supporters will have questions and concerns. They’re going to want to get to know you better. The best way to do this is to engage with them on a personal level. On your crowdfunding page, people will ask questions and start leaving comments. Respond to every one of them in an effort to boost engagement with your supporters.
- Reach out to notable investors – the more notable investors supporting your campaign, the easier it will be to raise money via crowdfunding. If you can get a notable investor to spread your link via social media, you’ll instantly have access to a huge audience and the online friends of your notable investors will soon become your supporter.
Raising money via crowdfunding is easier than you think. Use these proven tips to create a viral crowdfunding campaign today.