30th Anniversary of Datev
From Datev Institute Of the Armenian Prelacy
It’s the 30th Anniversary of St. Gregory of Datev Program of the Armenian Prelacy. This program has touched the lives of hundreds of Armenian Teenagers in the past 3 decades. Help us continue our mission.
The Eastern Prelacy’s Armenian Religious Education Council (AREC) annual weeklong “Datev” program has grown extensively since its beginnings in 1987. The four year program offers young Armenians an enriching curriculum that mixes theory with practice, under the auspices of His Eminence Archbishop Oshagan, the Prelate of the Eastern Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America.
- To instill and nurture the Armenian Christian faith and identity in our youth.
- To encourage Armenian youth to become more involved in the life of the Church.
- To discuss youth-related issues with Armenian clergy and teachers.
- To provide a forum for our youth to expand their knowledge of Armenian culture through language, poetry, music, song and dance.
Rooted in the Armenian Christian faith and culture, the Institute is a four-year (one week each summer) faith-based program for youth ages 13-18. Those who complete the four year Program may return for postgraduate classes.
Classes for the five levels of study take place concurrently. The daily schedule reflects the Institute’s three main objectives: Education, worship, and fellowship. And the program includes worship services, Bible study, group discussions, lectures, and recreational activities.
Your donation* will help us embrace the next chapter of our journey with a renewed vision and commitment to bring our youth closer to God and the Armenian Church.
* The Armenian Prelacy is AN IRS 501 (c)(3) ORGANIZATION.