Simple, smart medical alert service to support care at home
- 70% of ER visits are avoidable.
- 6 to 1 cost savings for health plans using QMedic.
- $4.6 Million in non-dilutive funding from the NIH.
- 100 BETA units sold out in 2015.
- 1,000 subscriptions prepaid for next version of the service.
- 70% margin/month.
- 2 multi-year regional Medicaid contracts; contracting with 3 private Medicaid health plans.
- Wearable button with embedded sensing has over 2 years of battery life; no battery recharge required.
As the population of older adults rises dramatically over the next decade, we’re bringing simplicity, connectivity and affordability to care delivery in the home. Our mission is to reduce unnecessary ER admissions while helping care providers and family members deliver faster, more proactive care to loved ones with complex needs. We envision QMedic helping older adults around the world live independently in their own homes.
WHY I LIKE QMEDIC
QMedic is targeting a global opportunity to reduce unnecessary ER use and help caregivers optimize care services for those at risk in the home. Once successful in the US, QMedic can support needs in other developed and developing countries.
Better Alerts, Better Care
We’ve built a next-generation smart technology platform to meet the complex health needs of older adults.
Modernizing the Outdated Medical Alert Industry
With current medical alert services, users are routed to the ER, or nothing happens.
- Hardware-based services like Life Alert provide a one way ticket to the ER; bad for patients and expensive for health insurers
- No proactive routing to nurses or care management services
- Can’t meet complex needs of older adults in the home
Get Specific Services for Your Loved One
Depending on your loved one’s situation, we’ll dispatch a social worker, call non-emergency medical transportation to the primary care doctor, and/or send text alerts to all appropriate caregivers.
- Routing to nurses costs $150 per call vs. $1,500 for ER admission
- Two way communication with any care provider from the home
- Completely waterproof, tracks motion, sleep, and wear compliance 24/7
- No need to recharge batteries, we monitor battery levels and send a new device when low
How QMedic Works
“The number of distinctive safety features provides a level of comfort & confidence not only for the older person but for family members and medical providers.” — Regional Director of Social Services, Salter Healthcare
Keeping Loved Ones Happy & Healthy
Since our inception, QMedic’s mission has been to provide caregivers with the tools they need to proactively manage patients and loved ones in the home. From the time that older adults and disabled persons are discharged from the hospital—after a fall, stroke or other debilitating condition—they face enduring challenges to living independently. Historically, existing alternatives on the market, from traditional help buttons to 911 operators, have routed people one-way to the emergency room. QMedic believes there is a better way to serve people in the home, while lowering ER admissions and the cost of care dramatically.
The convergence of low-cost sensors and intelligent software has introduced exciting opportunities to build 24/7 proactivity into home care. At QMedic, we’ve spent thousands of hours iterating on product with users and caregivers. As a team, we believe there is no more rewarding pursuit than honoring our loved ones, from Baby Boomers to the Greatest Generation, by helping them live independently at home. We appreciate your consideration of the QMedic opportunity and look forward to working together to bring our simple, smart medical alert service to market.
MEET THE FOUNDERS