Neckmike – Communication made easy!
Today, plenty of people have to live and work in noisy environments. As a result, they find it hard to both hear and be heard when communicating through mobile devices, as well as risk damaging their hearing. The international, multi-patented Neckmike Headset has solved this problem. By combining a neckskin-microphone, placed on the user’s neck instead of in front of the mouth, with HiFi, in-ear headphones, we have developed a user-friendly product that’s already been bought by tens of thousands of customers.
The problem this product solves
How the product solves it
Product use cases
- Neckband with voice pick-up directly from the neckskin.
- Hearing protecting In-Ear headphones (soon-to-be CE approved according to EN352-2 and EN 352-8).
- Motorcycle bluetooth intercoms, that have already been sold in the millions all over the world with both normal and noise-neutralizing microphones.
- Two-way radios for professionals like hunters, first responders, policemen, military personnel etc.
- More than 60% of the world population owns a mobile phone (Statista).
- About a third of all Swedes work in environments requiring hearing protection. Corresponding to just the EU market, that represents some 66 million people (SCB).
- There are 5,3 million motorcycles in the EU (Eurostat).
Unique differentiator from competitors
Company revenue streams
- Sold more than 18.000 Neckmike units to date
- Revenue of 1,6, 4,7, and 2,3 MSEK, in 2013, 2014, and 2015, respectively (the 2014 jump was due to a giant one-time deal)
- Has secured more than 10 patents in multiple countries for the Neckmike technology and functions
- Amazon and one of the world’s largest military organizations both recently expressed interest in ordering large-scale quantities of the new Neckmike headset
- A selection of client deals closed:
Next key objectives
- Sales growth: We intend to gain volume by expanding sales to international distributors, retail chains, and telecom operators.
- Product development: The list of potential product variations is a long one. In fact, the development process for many of them has already come a long way. Two examples close to market are the CE-approved hearing protection for mobile phones and Harley-Davidson original intercom systems.
- Profitability: We expect to achieve a pre-tax profit margin of 23% in 2018.
- We have very helpful partners in technology development and manufacturing. One example is the large-scale factory in Thailand (revenue 2015 ~ Euro 195M), producing the new Neckmike model. In addition to high-quality manufacturing, they are generously opening up several new sales channels for us.
- Our most demanding customers have proven to be some of the best partners. One example is the Swedish Defence Material Administration (www.fmv.se), as they have asked for Neckmike headsets to be developed specifically for their needs. Two likely new customers are Amazon and one of the world’s largest military organizations.
- Within some weeks from now we will have CE-approved hearing protection according to EN352-2 and EN 352-8, which will enable us to sell to professional industry users both in EU and the US.
- Some years ago, we were nominated as a potential winner at Guldmobilgalan (the “Golden Mobile Phone” gala) for new innovative technology. We did not win, it was a Swedish LCD display maker that got the prize, but being chosen among quite a few contenders was a clear sign of market validation.
Use of Funds