Rentl – Be part of the emerging Sharing economy
Rentl is the “Airbnb” for the things you have at home! We provide a fun and easy-to-use web service where people can rent virtually everything from each other. Sharing things is good for the environment, your economy and saves space at home. There is a massive shift in society today from wanting to own things to wanting to just have access to them (“access over ownership”) and sharing economy is growing rapidly. Rentl already has several satisfied customers and we are growing rapidly. This is an opportunity to at an early stage join an industry with tremendous development. Be part of the economy of the future. Join Rentl today!
- Market is expected to grow by 1200% to USD 335bn worldwide until 2025
- We project a growth in line with market (turnover of SEK 55 million in 2019)
- Exit by acquisition or IPO
- Scalable platform
- Low operating cost, high margin for each rental
- High return on investment when successful
- Proof of concept (existing happy users)
The problem this product solves
How the product solves it
- Matches the supply and demand for objects for rental (e.g. tools, machinery, trailers, boats, sports/party equipment).
- Handles bookings, payments, supplies contracts and notifications
- Rentl only charges provisions after a succesfull rental. This lowers threshold to register also cheaper objects
- We are the first provider of this type of service for virtualy every type of object. This is easier and more time efficicient than using different services for different things
- Rentl is highly automated wich means that we can grow substantially without the need to employ more people
- We have a rankingsystem (1-5) and written opinion which creates trust among users
Product use cases
Unique differentiator from competitors
Company revenue streams
- We charge 10% of the total amount of the rentalprize (min 20 SEK and max 500 SEK).
- We see opportunities for targeted marketing for companies for certain searches on the site, (e.g. “Did you not find what you were looking for..?”). It can also be a complement to already completed rentals (e.g. building materials for someone who has already rented tools).
- We also see opportunities additional sales (kickback) through offers together with partners (e.g. key delivery, cleaning, insurance).
- Feb 2015 – started building the webservice
- June 2015 – launched betaversion
- July-Aug 2015 – radio advertising in Stockholm (Rix FM, Lugna Favoriter and Bandit)
- Okt 2015 – added webdeveloper/programmer to our team and made him part owner
- Nov 2015-Feb 2016 – new improved design and functionality
- Feb 2016 – launched the new version of Rentl (Rentl 2.0) and started campaign in social media
- May 2016 – agreement with a large nationwide organization about an offer to members
Next key objectives
- 2016 – increase marketing in primarily social media, but also continue with radio advertising when it is favorably priced
- 2016 – create an app in order to further strengthen our offer
- 2016 – expand to also offer businesses to use tha platform
- 2016 – further discussion with organizations and companies about offers to their members/employees.
- 2016 – continue to develop and finetune the webservice
- 2017 – establish Rentl as the main provider of rental services between private individuals
- 2018 – enter one market outside of Sweden
- 2019 – establish presence on our 3rd, 4th and 5th market