Our mission is to discover and develop precision medicine therapeutics for disease modifying treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, in particular Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).As its primary objective, the Company will focus on the discovery and development of specific therapeutics and companion diagnostics directed against the several strains of misfolded (prion-like) Amyloid beta (Aβ) in Alzheimer’s.
- Unique science team and experience – Deep understanding of protein misfolding with use of proprietary algorithms for identifying and patenting targets and therapeutics; ability to create products specific for the toxic forms of Amyloid beta.
- Experienced management team – Track record, ability to focus strategy & execution exclusively on Alzheimer’s disease (AD)
- Breadth of granted and emerging patent estate –
- in ALS, robust patent estate granted worldwide for SOD1 related targets & antibody therapeutics;
- in AD, provisional patents for misfolded beta amyloid targets submitted (n=4) or planned (n=2) for submission by end Q2 2016;
- proprietary algorithms, patents granted worldwide for ProMISTM, submitted for Collective Coordinates technology.
- Platform technology, broadly applicable – Proprietary technologies can be used to identify precision targets and therapeutics across multiple neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, other areas.