Nevada Clean Magnesium Inc.
Location: Tamberlaine District, Nevada
Sector: Energy and Mining
To be an environmentally friendly and globally competitive company producing primary magnesium metal ingot within the USA for the domestic auto, Aerospace, aluminum and technical industries.
- Conservative Approach – Our technology is not new but the assembly of the various technologies should result in a profitable operation. There is no new technology risk. In addition, each step in the operation is to be tested first in the bench scale then in the pilot scale before full scale operations is designed.
- Conservative Economic Model – The current economic model is based upon “All in” costing whereby the CAPEX is a total of all components necessary to produce the magnesium metal which include the building of an electrical, a reductant (FeSi) and the magnesium metal plant.
- Refinement of Existing Process – The basic reduction process originated in Italy in the 1930s and is currently being operated in Brazil. Application of existing energy recovery, automation and linear integration are expected to reduce the production cost.
- Experienced Personnel – The services of senior technical personnel who operated successful magnesium reduction facilities are committed to the project. Their cumulative years of experience are over 120 man years.
- Deposit Location – The ore is sited in an area ideal for production of low cost environmentally clean power, such as wind, solar and geothermal.
- Deposit Quantity and Quality – The ore body is fine grain, chemically pure and suitable for the selected reduction process. It is very large and capable of supporting the initial production target for more than 1000 years.
- Low Cost Mine Operation –The deposit intended for the design production life, is located above grade. It will be a “side hill” excavation using rubber tire equipment.
- Incrementally Expandable Process – By design, the production quantity can be varied to match market demand. This will be accomplished by varying the process cycle time and then adding increments of reduction furnaces with a minimal capital investment.
- Granulation Technology – Application of this technology will reduce the cost of magnesium granules by $0.15 per pound and will enable expansion of the magnesium thixomolding operation which has been constrained due to the limited availability and cost of magnesium granules.
- Commercialization of Waste Streams – Due to the unique calcination technology identified for the process, CO2 liberated on calcination of the dolomite will be free of contamination and will be “food grade” quality. It can easily be captured and marketed. The residue from the reduction process is a precursor form of Portland cement. It can be easily converted to cement without the greenhouse gas emissions that are constraining expansion of the cement industry.