Help Rosetta’s Humble Gallery!
Help us to bring our visual art facilities to life, providing a place for the community to get together and make art, supporting local artists with a much needed platform to promote their work!
We’d like to enable more people to use this space and support talented people from the most marginalised groups to develop towards a career in the arts, including the disabled and elderly. We would like to build a cafe in the gallery to help raise artists’ profile and provide a place for them to sell their work whilst also making us more self sustainable. . In addition to the gallery we deliver art activities in the adjoining community education spaces for people who otherwise would not have access to art. We need funding to improve these facilities for local people and the artists who use our space: our pottery studio only has 2 wheels, we need 4. Our equipment is old, and we’d like to fix and replace some of it for the residents who want to use it. We have the only dark room that is for community use and our photography studio needs some TLC.
What we’ll deliver:
- Build a counter for a cafe and buy some equipment to serve refreshments and sandwiches
- Improve studio equipment (i.e 2 additional pottery wheels)
- Improve seating for disabled users
- Improve storage space to open up more room for artists
- Advice for us in our work helping artists to increase their potential , raise their profile and become more sustainable
- Raise awareness of the available space and its art/culture offer that could enrich the lives of the local community
- Help keep our dark room available to the community and budding photographers – there aren’t many left for community use
Why it’s a great idea:
We have a bit of space, and we have community members and local artists who want to use it for learning, getting together, and for artists – to sustain them. We just need a bit of help to take this further. Our Humble Gallery is new and we want to reach more people to give them and more artists – access; some of our equipment is old and we want to replace it. We want to keep our dark room going for residents. We want to make better use of our little space. We are small and humble ourselves – a little help will go a long way with us!
Steps to get it done:
- Get advice and action in best way to help artists
- Buy new equipment for studios
- Roll out comms plan to inform local artists and residents to make best use of the facilities
- Put on some free, fun and engaging art events
- Plan and put on exhibitions
£5 – A big hug and thank you & an invitation to our next 4 private views.
£25 – A pack of 4 postcards from original artworks produced by our artists and invitations to our next 4 private views.
£50 – A pack of 4 postcards from original artworks produced by our artists and access to our secret invitation only event.
£100 – All of the above plus a limited edition tote bag from original artwork produced by our artists.
£250 – All of the above plus a limited edition print from original artwork produced by our artists.
£500 – All of the above plus a place on a short art course (can be gifted) and one of our special edition silver pins.
£5,000- All of the above plus patronage to the gallery.
£10,000 – All of the above plus a silver plaque in the Humble gallery and a commissioned artwork of your choice by a selected Rosetta artist (available in a range of styles & mediums for you to chose from).