NO BULLY PORTUGAL
We want to change the reality in schools in Portugal. We want to have children afraid to go to school. We want to make Portugal the 1st bullying free country!
And you? Do you remember how you were when you were younger? Did your coleagues make fun of you? Were you afraid of the humiliations and comments on the playground and in the classroom? Did you receive hate mail? Did someone publish shaming photographs of you? Did you see your friends being attacked and did nothing because you were afraid of retaliation?
1 in 3 children go through this regularly in Portugal and the effects are devastating:
- Destruction of self-esteem
- Eating and sleep disorders
- Substance abuse
- Trouble in social interactions
- Poor school performance
- Depression that can lead to suicide
HOW DO WE STOP BULLYING?
We join the whole school community in the fight against bullying and its prevention, through trainings for all educators and students. We promote the development of emotional intelligence skills of children and youth, such as empathy, self-confidence and helping each other, which greatly reduces their involvement in bullying and prepares them better for their future life.
We went to the United States to receive training to implement the system in bully, which for 12 years:
- Trained over 8000 teachers
- Created 200 schools without bullying
- Offered about 120 000 students solutions to stop bullying and harassment
- Solved 90% of cases identified
Help us implementing our pilot in a school in Olaias and help about 650 children living without a youth bullying! This is just the beginning of a Portugal where bullying will no longer be a problem.
With only 3€, you can give one of these children the opportunity to have more friends, learn more, feel better and more willing to go to school!
BUDGET AND DUE DATES
What we offer: 15 training sessions and monitoring throughout the year
– 11 workshops for student classes
– 2 trainings for teachers and staff
– 1 workshop for parents
– 1 coaching for the school’s leadership
Cost: 3000€, which covers:
– Payment trainers
– Translation and printing of manuals training
– Investment for certification and the establishment of the association
– June 2016 – fund raising
– July 2016 – schedule and preparation of training with school
– September to December 2016 – training sessions
– January to June 2017 – school progress monitoring