Frank Jackson Photography
My name is Frank, I’m 30 years old and love life and people. I’ve always looked at the world through a creative lens, but it was when I purchased my Canon EOS 5D Mark ii & 50mm 1.4 lens in 2010, that I knew I found my calling. Since then I’ve continued to develop my craft to reach new levels and have had the pleasure to work with so many amazing people, studios and organizations. When I am behind the camera there is a surge of tremendous pleasure – I feel most at home. I want to share that feeling with my community.
I’m from Brooklyn, NY and was raised by a strong and beautiful single mother. Growing up in Brooklyn was great and it gave me the appreciation and emotional intelligence to deal successfully with diverse people. Afterwards, I attended Business School to earn a degree in Global Management and Consultation. I’ve always knew that I wanted to connect with different people and touch their lives in some way. After college, I ended up working in the tech industry and used my creativity to help websites and apps improve their functionalities, keep their users and acquire new ones. After a few years in that world, helping businesses grow, I wanted to start my own.
Photography has always been a passion of mine and I love that it allows me to be there during precious, fun, exciting, important and often times – passionate moments. My dream is to be a full service photography studio, where I not only help employ other creative professionals, I add value to my community and the world through my photography, video and passion.
Frank Jackson Photography is an all-round Photography Company with a great vision to become the “one stop shop” when it comes to photography in New York City. My sole purpose is creating a brand that will compete with leading photography companies in New York City.
I intend to cover wedding photography, child photography- where we capture the milestone of every baby from infancy to late childhood, The capturing of nature and landscapes, beauty coverage- pageants, modeling shows, high fashion and what have you, as well as other areas too numerous to mention.
There is a high rate of competition in the industry, but we have been able to create a unique business model that will help us gain market acceptance and also work our way to the top of the ladder in the city where our photography business is to be located.
My dream is to run the best photography studio in the whole of New York district and allow other photographers to rent my space to help their dreams and creativity contribute to the world as well.
Currently, I’m most proud of my developing client base and the repeat business dynamic that is manifesting. I’m excited for what the future holds and the boundless potential this career path offers.
This loan will allow me expand my business and allow me to compete in the market effectively. With this loan I will be able to take on higher end clientele, by obtaining and/or resolving; the proper gear, legal fees & photography contracts, computer & software needs, increasing my paid acquisition (marketing) cost. To be more specific:
As a professional photographer, I’ll need at least 2 professional cameras (I currently have one). Camera malfunctions DO happen, and you need to have a professional-level backup camera ready to go in the case that something goes wrong.
Total Costs needed to expand my Photography Business: $10,000
Marketing/ Paid Acquisition (Google Adwords):
● I currently have a budget of $10/day or around ~$60/ week for a rough average of $2.50/ click. Which generates me 1-2 leads (or possible clients). I would like to increase my weekly marketing budget to $200-$300 per week, so I can start marketing higher yielding gigs, like weddings and corporate events that are more expensive to bid on.
● Nikon D750 cameras, body only ($2000 each) as the kit lens is not worth it. Total cost: $4000
● Nikon 35mm f/2.0: $350
● Nikon 50mm f/1.8 Lens: $299
● Nikon 85mm f/1.8 Lens: $499
● Nikon 70-200 f/2.8: This will help me in very dark situations where you aren’t allowed to be close to the couple, such as in a dark church where you are not allowed to go anywhere except the very back of the church. $2400
● Wedding photographers will need at least 2 flashes for your camera. Nikon SB-700 ($329 each). Total Cost: $658
● I’ll also need to purchase camera bags, memory cards, reflectors, light stands, flash triggers, etc. This will vary based on your photography style. Total Cost: $500-$1500
● Incorporating your business: $125
● Yearly Accounting Services: For year-end tax filing plus occasional questions throughout the year. $300
● Easy Client & Money Manager (Quickbooks): Simple spreadsheet system that tracks business finances and client workflows. $129
● Business Insurance: $600 per year
Legal Fees & Photography Contracts:
● Photography Contracts: $55-$450
● Attorney Fees: $400-$2000
Computer & Software:
● 21″ iMac Computer: $1299
● 2 Backup Hard Drives: $85 each. Total cost: $170
● Screen Calibrator: $149
● Lightroom & Photoshop: $119 per year
● Website (Yearly hosting & domain name costs): $72 per year
● Website Theme: One-time fee of $50
A loan of $10,000 helps me to buy the necessary equipment and business essentials to expand my Photography business and compete effectively.