UK’s ONLY affordable & boundary pushing creative hair business is opening a new all-accepting salon & art space in Ldn, Deptford.
IF YOU, LIKE MANY, DON’T ENJOY HAIR SALONS SUPPORT OUR UNIQUE TUTTII FRUITTII EXPERIENCE RELOCATE TO DEPTFORD HIGH STREET AFTER EVICTION!!!
Tuttii Fruittii Technicolor Hair Salon is an Independent & Boundary Pushing All-Accepting Barber Salon based in South East London, Deptford. After 4 years of working freelance as a mobile hair dresser in the area and part-time in Barber shops and Hair Salons across London I found the industry lacking in open mindedness and innovative ideas catering to a variety of identities. My visions of styles not being accepted in my previous jobs i took it into my own hands. There is a need to create more salons that do not fit their customers into a box and wish to work with them and their personal tastes as well also offering free consultation.
All of this lead me to create my own creative hair project in a Colorful Caravan. I have been operating from the Yard of Community Space and Art Hub Old Tidemill School soon to beDEMOLISHED by Property Developers planning to convert it into 6 story Luxury Flats. Along with my Partner Toni, we wish to grow our business into a multifaceted creative space offering a photobooth, massages and an art galery space to showcase artists that need a space to gain visibility. Our Exciting and New Enterprise has now been opened for almost 2 years offeringaffordable salon service and welcoming all beings to co-create the vision that suits them. Our Client base is expanding every day and we need more space to fit all our customers.
” I don’t want it to be elitist in any way. It’s for the people. It’s also never been about fashion.” TF ’15 Loverboy Magazine
The Tuttii Fruittii Trailer Salon is a loved social creative space, refurbished and painted by local artists which hosts with care and cups of fruity tea the community, as well as artists from London & around the world to get their own tailor-made hairstyles. “I love the social side to my space. I have created a real energy in the local community here drawing in a great mix of customers and building bridges between different worlds. This diversity is such a rich part of London’s culture which needs to be nourished and cherished.” TF ’15
The caravan is soon to be evicted from the Artistic Community, Old Tidemill school currently home to a thriving hub of creative businesses, this former primary school and community garden is now going to be demolished and turned into private luxury apartments.
Luckily the universe has answered my wishes ! I have managed to unearth a new roof on Deptford High Street in the basement of the old Egg Shop. This derelict empty shell, which was once a bakery during the first world war, needs a complete FRUITTII TRANSFORMATION !
To fund the Fruittification of this space we need some support from our beloved community. We need to raise £20,000. This hefty amount may seem like a lot but we can very quickly hit this target if all of our social media followers join forces and turn £5 into £20,000.
This new free minded colorful cutting salon experience will offer affordable quality hairstyles fitting with your personality ranging from traditional to more extreme looks. Our equal ethos means we are open to all, LGBTQI inclusive and believe your gender, race and sexuality does not determine your identity. The wellbeing of our customers is central to this project. A happy head is a happy mind.
“We want to be able to share our classic techniques and hair art with lots more people – it doesn’t matter who you are or what your style is, we can find a look to suit everyone.“ TF ’15
- OUR LONG TERM PLAN FOR A SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
SZER LDN which is the name of our new Salon will be run as a Multi-Faceted Salon Shop.
We plan to :
– Rent 2 Chairs to 2 new stylists which will specialize in Barbering For All and Afro-Caribbean-Caucasian & All Hair Types.
– Rent our Space to a Massage Therapist for Head and Hand treatments.
– Expand the business to a range of “Fruittii London” Vegan eco-friendly hair colors & products.
– Sell Artwork and Independent Designer Brands from which we will take a small commission
– Host Weekly and Monthly Art Exhibitons which we will promote online as a regular Gallery space showcasing emerging artists who need an outlet to gain visibilty. We will take a SMALL fee from the artists on entry.
– Host Exhibtion Launch Events and are opening to ideas in terms of the use of the space taking a small entrance fee of £2 to finance the running of the gallery.
– Host a CandyKONK Photo Booth and Make-up parlor for Full transformations with the artistry of creative partner Toni Tits.
What will the money achieve for us ?
The Target we have set is £20,000. thisrepresents a part of the refurbishment and leasing of the egg shop as well as funding for the launch of the Tuttii Fruittii Product brand.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in this project :
– £8,000 : Building a secure self contained space / Installing water facilities / Painting & Decorating / Professional Hair Salon Lighting
– £3,000 : Hair Equipment, Products & Salon Furnishing
– £5,000 : Leasing fees to SECURE THE SPACE
– £6,000 : Legal fees Lab and Manufacturing costs for the Tuttii Fruittii Product range
– £500 : Commissioned creation of Photo Booth
– £500 : Make-Up facility, products & equipment
What Rewards are We Offering?
Firstly you will be rewarded by supporting a young community driven creative hair business to maintain and thrive in a space in London, which lacks in affordable & personalized hair service as well as equal pricing for all. In the face of rising rental costs, space unavailability, public spaces become private luxury living and local rejuvenation, you are also Helping a struggling project survive in a compromising environment
To add to this however as a Massive Thank you for your donations and support we are able to offer you lots of unique treats and magical gifts :
Pledge £5 – £10
– A MASSIVE Thank you for supporting our project
– Tuttii Fruittii Patch or Badge
– “The Oyster Knife” Riot Grrrl Feminist Patches
– 10% discount on your next hair cut
– “KEEP IT QUEER” Original Limited edition Screen Printed Tee by Seb Zacharia
– Lady Muck Political “Anarchy Smiley” Pin Badge Limited edition Hand Crafted
– 20% discount off your next hair cut
– Make-Up Transformation
– Childsdraw Limited edition original prints
– 50% discount off any hair colouring service
– 1 COMPLETE HAIR SERVICE including wash, cut, finish and styling + free tea/coffee
– 1 COMPLETE CandyKONK MAKE-UP TRANSFORMATION for your event + free tea/coffee & snack
– Childsdraw Original artwork print £70
– VALUE FOR MONEY COMPLETE HAIR TRANSFORMATION + free tea/coffee & snack
Pledge £100 :
– 1 COMPLETE HAIR TRANSFORMATION including Hair wash, cut, color + free tea/coffee & snack
– 1 COMPLETE HAIR TRANSFORMATION including Hair wash, cut, color, finish and styling + free tea/coffee & snack
Pledge £200 :
– THE HAIR GLORY PACK : Head & Hand Massage, 1 COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION including Hair wash, cut, color, finish and styling with Full Make-up Transformation (on the same day or any other day) & Unique Tuttii Fruittii photoshoot + Portrait of yourself on the PhotoWall + free tea/coffee & snack
Pledge £250 :
– THE HAIR GLORY PACK : Head & Hand Massage, 1 COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION including Hair wash, cut, color, finish and styling with Full Make-up Transformation (on the same day or any other day) & Unique Tuttii Fruittii photoshoot + Portrait of yourself on the PhotoWall as well as printed and framed for you + free tea/coffee & snack
4 DAY Peaceful Getaway in a Beautiful & Cosy French Paradise Cottage (Free Accommodation Only) with well Kept Dreamy Gardens, Outdoor Shared Pool and Land to Explore For 4 adults or a Family (1 Double and 2 Singles, can be turned into a double) with 3 bathrooms (bath and shower) and a Downstairs Open Plan Living Area (ONLY 2 AVAILABLE
CandyKONK original Artwork
Lennie Lee original Artwork
7 DAY Peaceful Getaway in a Beautiful & Cosy French Paradise Cottage (Free Accommodation Only) with well Kept Dreamy Gardens, Outdoor Shared Pool and Land to Explore For 4 adults or a Family (1 Double and 2 Singles, can be turned into a double) with 3 bathrooms (bath and shower) and a Downstairs Open Plan Living Area (ONLY 2 AVAILABLE)
– CandyKONK Doll creation
– Value for money Free Hair cuts
– 3 HAIR GLORY PACKS
– We will host a CandyKonk Make-Up photobooth at your party
FREE HAIR CUTS AND COLORS FOR 2 YEARS
(one appointment per month)
FREE HAIR CUTS AND COLORS FOR 4 YEARS
(one appointment per month)
What does “TUTTII FRUITTII – Technicolor Hair Sculptor” stand for ?
“ The Technicolor Hair Salon project began with my vision of creating a space in which anyone could walk in comfortably and feel that they can ask for any look or style they dream of. For me designing the shape and finding the perfect color combinations that will complement someones face is a wonderful challenge.
I want my clients to feel happy and refresh their perception of themselves. This can come in the simplest of forms with a sharp and smart hair cut to a more extreme “Hair sculpting” design.
I offer many services including Fruittii Pattern shaves, All over colors, Color Blends, and extreme Innovative sculpting. The latter is a more artistic form of perceiving how you shape and wear your hair. People are getting more and more interested in this. I take on restyles and total transformations every week.
People have travelled from all over the Uk, Sydney, Paris & Berlin to have a taste of my hair sculpting creations and discover the caravan, which has become a landmark in itself to be seen and lived. I always want this immersive space to offer a feast for the eyes and a total reinvigorating experience. I also love the social side to my space where people gather and hang out. I have created a real energy in the local community here drawing in a great mix of customers and building bridges between different worlds. This diversity is such a rich part of London’s culture which needs to be nourished and cherished.
It’s crucial to me people see how the Fruittii Touch is for everyone in this world.
The most important thing that this Salon stands for is that it is all about YOU. Creating this exact hairstyle that defines you and touches your soul, i want it to leave you feeling confident.
We all want to feel good about ourselves and this is the service that is my mission. “
Tuttii Fruittii, ’15
What our Clients Say about Tuttii Fruittii Technicolor Hair Salon :
“Tutti’s done my hair twice now, I’ve been probably on the more basic side of her cuts but both times I’ve really loved the shapes she’s put in. Super reasonable prices too and the caravan is worth a visit alone”
Nik Rawlings, Dec ’15
“Came with several weird ideas and left with 1 rad hair cut, thank u for leading me to hair glory“
Thomas Duh, Dec ’15
“Miracle worker and magical lady. love my new trim, thank you tutti ! xx”
Nikki Marilyn, Dec ’15
“Tuttii always knows exactly what I want and need. By far the BEST hairdressing experience in town!”
Sophie Earls, Jan ’15
“Love my new ice blond super sharp bob from Tutti Fruittii. Fantastic hair cut and colour and the coolest most colourful hair salon you’ll ever visit”
Sophie Ann Wood, Dec ’15
“Serious scissor skillz, perfect cuts, great chat AND lollies. ❤”
Rachel Porter, Dec ’15
“Become vivacious! The one and only hairdresser god send.”
Eva Engvold, April ’15