BKS IYENGAR FEATURE DOCUMENTARY
SADHAKA: THE YOGA OF BKS IYENGAR DOCUMENTARY
BKS Iyengar is widely acknowledged as the world’s most influential Yoga Teacher. Included by Time Magazine in its list of the world’s most influential people, BKS Iyengar, now in his 94th year, has been awarded the equivalent of a knighthood by the Indian Government and many honorary doctorates from universities around the world. His many books are published worldwide, his yoga practice is legendary, and his financial resources are used to support schools and a hospital in his birth village in Southern India.
Sadhaka is a feature documentary about the life and teaching of BKS Iyengar. Three years of filming has been completed; we now need the funds to finish the film.
We can’t do this without you. Filming, editing, and subtitling a feature length documentary in many languages is intricate work, time consuming and expensive. The Sadhaka team is small, but highly professional and dedicated to producing a high quality film meeting PBS/BBC standards. By donating you can join us and help to achieve this goal.
By contributing to the funding you will help us finish this important film which is sure to touch the hearts, affect the lives and and enhance the well-being of many people around the world for many years to come.
To encourage you to participate, we’ve put together a great selection of premiums to thank you for your generosity (see photos of the premiums above):
• $20 — you will be thanked on the Sadhaka website (http://sadhakafilm.net)
• $35 — your name will also appear as a supporter in the credits of the finished film
• $50 — we will send you a set of six large postcards (5″ x 7″) of BKS Iyengar, suitable for mailing or framing
• $75 — get’s you the Sadhaka tote bag — designed for us by artist, author and Senior Iyengar Teacher Bobby Clennell
• $100 — you can select the Sadhaka t-shirt — designed for us by artist, author and Senior Iyengar Teacher Bobby Clennell (we will contact you for your preferred size)
• $300 — we will send you “Filming Sadhaka: the yoga of BKS Iyengar” — a hardcover photo essay about the making of Sadhaka, filled with photographs taken in India during the filming of Sadhaka (signed by Sadhaka director Jake Clennell)
Completing this film is just the beginning. Sadhaka is a not-for-profit production. Proceeds from sales and screenings will go to the Bellur Project, BKS Iyengar’s foundation which supports education, medical care and clean drinking water in Iyengar’s birthplace, Bellur Village.
Donations are accepted worldwide. The dollar amount of your gift will be converted to your local currency.
We know that not everyone has the resources to send us money, but there are other ways you can help. Do you have a newsletter or blog? Do you Tweet, keep track of friends on Facebook or Google+, connect with colleagues on Linked In? Let the world know that you think this campaign is worth their notice and support. Get the word out!