JCA 10×10 – June 2nd 2016
WHAT IS A 10 x 10?
A 10 x 10 is a fundraising event run by 10 dynamic, socially minded individuals who are seeking to create a culture of philanthropy. The 10 committee members have selected three Jewish charities they think are innovatively dealing with complicated social issues in our community. These charities, JewishCare NSW, Maccabi NSW and NSW Jewish Board of Deputies will all be given the opportunity to pitch on the night for your funds.
HOW IT WORKS:
1) Each event showcases three local Jewish charities creating solutions to complex social issues in our communities.
2) Each JCA 10×10 event is planned and hosted by a fresh committee of 10 young Jewish professionals. Each committee member hosts 10 guests at the event, bringing together over 100 people who each contribute $250 or more, raising $25,000 at least!
3) Each charity has five minutes to pitch in the style of the popular UK television show “Dragons Den” and are then questioned by a special guest Dragon about their cause and business model.
4) The amount you donate through Pozible in advance is turned into vouchers for ‘Charity Dollars’ in increments of $50. After hearing the pitches, you choose the organisations you most want to support.
5) All costs of each event are covered by event sponsors, to ensure that ALL funds raised on the night go directly to the three charities.
THIS 10 X 10 EVENT:
Join us on Thursday 2 June 2016 at the Pacific Bondi Beach: 180 Campbell Parade, Bondi (enter off Beach Road)
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Dinner & drinks from 7:00pm. Pitches start at 7:30pm
OUR GUEST ‘DRAGON’
OzHarvest was founded in November 2004 when event’s organiser, Ronni Kahn wanted to make a significant contribution to society. Stunned by the amount of food wasted by the hospitality industry, she decided to do something about it.
Backed by the Macquarie Foundation which provided initial funds and Goodman, which provided the first OzHarvest van and office space, OzHarvest was up and running in 2004.
Ronni was instrumental in changing the existing legislation across four states that had prevented food donors from
supplying excess food. Now companies and registered businesses around Australia are protected from liability when donating quality excess food to OzHarvest under the Civil Liabilities Amendment Act and Health Acts.
OzHarvest collected and delivered its first meal on 3 November 2004 and in its first month delivered 4,000 meals to 14 shelters using one van. OzHarvest now delivers approximately 925,000 meals each month with a fleet of 30+ vans to more than 800 charities across Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Newcastle, Perth and Sydney
Since its inception, OzHarvest has delivered more than 45 million meals to women, children and men in need while also having rescued over 15,000 tonnes of food from ending up as landfill and waste.
In 2013, OzHarvest received the United Nations World Environment Day Award for Community and is the official Australian partner for the United Nation Environment Programme Think.Eat.Save – Reduce Your Foodprint campaign.
Ronni has been recognised as a leader in the fields of entrepreneurship, social impact and innovation and has been awarded with numerous achievements for her work and commitment to the community, some of which include:
• Veuve Clicquot Award Business Woman Tribute Award for Innovation, Entrepreneurial Skill and Contribution to the Community in 2012.
• Ernst & Young Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2012
• Australia’s Local Hero, Australian of the Year Awards 2010
• InStyle Woman of Style Award – Community /Charity category 2011
• Enriched List by American Express in 2010