Project Update: Lines of Color has been submitted for nomination in the 58th Grammy Awards!
I’m very excited to welcome everyone to our Blue Note®/ArtistShare® Project (and our sophomore recording), Gil Evans Project: LIVE at the Jazz Standard.
We will be recording LIVE during our fourth-annual, week-long engagement at the Jazz Standard in New York City, Tuesday through Sunday, May 13th – 18th, 2014. During this six night live recording event, we will be covering a wide range of Gil’s music, from the music he did for the Claude Thornhill Orchestra in the 1940s to the music written for various recording sessions through the late-60s. We will be recording many recently-discovered, previously un-recorded works that will be heard here for the first time, in addition to some of Gil’s classic arrangements! It’s an honor to be able to present these historical masterpieces to all of you through this project, and for this music to finally be documented by this incredible group of musicians!
Through this project, you will be able to experience the entire creative process behind the documentation of some of these great unknown works of the luminary composer/arranger, Gil Evans. Along the way we will be sharing video, audio shows, downloads, photos, and news keeping you updated on the status and progress of this once in a lifetime event, made possible by you. By participating in this project you are playing an integral role in the creation of a new, historical recording of previously un-recorded Gil Evans music!
Participate today and join us on this exciting journey!
- Receive prominent ArtistShare® credit listing on the new Blue Note®/ArtistShare® CD
- VIP tickets to the Jazz Standard in New York City for the live recording performances (May 13-18, 2014)
- Dinner in NYC with Ryan Truesdell and select members of the Gil Evans Project
- Design the cover! Submit your own cover art for consideration for the official Blue Note®/ArtistShare® release
- Signed score page (of one of the new, previously unrecorded charts from the recording) signed by Ryan and all members of the Gil Evans Project
- A copy of the definitive biography on Gil Evans, Out of the Cool, signed by the author, Stephanie Crease
- Follow the creative process behind the making of this new live recording
- Play a major role in the creation of the new music as this wonderful new project comes to life
- The LTD Edition Gil Evans Project: LIVE in NYC CD via mail (Ship Date March 17, 2015)
- The complete ArtistShare® Project Experience including access to the creative process behind the making of the recording
Welcome to the Gil Evans Project: LIVE in NYC CD Participant Offer where it is my pleasure to share the creation of this new music with you through ArtistShare®. As a participant during the course of this special live recording project, you will have a unique look into my entire creative process from start to finish.
As we take this artistic journey together, I will be sharing my creative process with you through exclusive videos, audio shows, downloads, photos and news keeping you update to date on the status and progress of this live recording, made possible by you, the fan. At the end of the project you will receive the Limited Edition Gil Evans Project: LIVE in NYC CD via mail.
I hope you will join me as a Gil Evans Project: LIVE in NYC CD Participant or explore the other ArtistShare® offers as well.