10,000 Kits to fund & assemble
This year is a BIG one in helping the Birthing Kit Foundation Australia celebrate their 10th anniversary!
We are aiming to raise $30,000 by August to purchase 10,000 birthing kitsin time for our packing day on 10th September 2016.
Each individual birthing kit costs $3 and contains the following:
- Gauzes for the babies eyes and mother’s perineum
- Gloves to prevent transmitting germs to mother or baby
- String for clean ties of the umbilical cord
- Scalpel Blade for clean cutting of the umbilical cord
- Plastic sheet for mother to lie on
- Soap for washing and drying the umbilical cord stumps to prevent infections
In 2015, the birthing kit packing team packed 3,000 birthing kits which were kindly donated by anonymous sponsors. The assembled/packed kits were distributed to Nigeria (1000 kits) and Uganda (2000 kits). Well done!
The United4BKFA team with the generous support of many forthcoming individuals, businesses and volunteers will be holding FUNDRAISING EVENTS as listed below:
1) Friday 29th April 2016 – BKFA Family Market Night
2) Karaoke / Mephil Night – Event details coming soon.
Saturday 10th September 2016 – Birth Kit Assembly Day
How you can join us
- Direct Donations – 100% of your donations will go directly towards the Birthing Kit Funding.
- Raffle Prize Gift Donations
- Voluntary assitance for the fundraising events.
- Voluntary assistance on the Birth Kit Assembly Day
Please spread the word to family and friends and remember every dollar counts!!!