A colorful online course for parents to learn guitar or ukulele with their kids. It’s so easy a 4 year old could do it!
About this project
- Costs less than 2 private lessons but you get 4 1/2 MONTHS worth of lessons
- Instruction is available 24/7 so you can learn with your kid at the most focused time of day
- Stop feeling frustrated You’ll never feel that way with this course – it is so easy a 4-year old can do it.
- Easy-to-play Each video is 5 minutes long, tops.
- Bonding time Do you struggle to get your child’s attention away from screens? Fuse the obsession with something that actually nourishes them in the real world.
The funds raised will go towards three expensive categories: legal fees (making sure we’re legally licensing the songs you know and love), graphic design (designing beautiful PDF printables and a superb membership portal), and production (professionally shooting and editing 36+ videos with a complete crew).
How? By using stickers! Each fret gets a different colored sticker.
Most guitar teachers think that a kid as young as 4 just doesn’t have the dexterity to learn guitar – but they do.
The numbers of the strings and frets gets confusing:
“Put your first finger on the second fret of the fifth string.”
In this program, all you have to say is:
“Press and pluck blue.” or “Press and pluck pink.”
As Creative Director of Free Spirits Music, hundreds of kids play songs in 15 minutes or less using my method.
- 6-12 weeks worth of guitar lessons You pick the pace. To do the course in 6 weeks, we suggest 2 songs a week – each one is only a 10-minute time commitment!
- PDF printables, video tutorials, + accountability emails Stay accountable! Follow through on the course with beautiful PDF printables, a video lesson for every song, and accountability emails
- BONUS: Get 3 months of extra songs We’ll offer this as a paid feature of the program, but you’ll get 12 additional weeks of lessons for FREE! (For backers only.)
Guitar Superstar has partnered with Together We Rise, a non-profit dedicated to transforming the way kids go through the foster care system.
You can donate the course to a foster family at the $99 level. We’ll provide Together We Rise with a complimentary membership to provide to the families they serve.
Read more about Together We Rise here.
The program will be available to Kickstarter backers by November 2016. We aim to overdeliver and delight each and every backer.
SUPER EARLY BIRDS!
GET THE COMPLETE COURSE FOR ONLY $99 (30 AVAILABLE).
Remember: 8-10% of funds raised will be collected by Kickstarter and payment processing fees.
I’m Stephanie Carlin, a singer/songwriter and the creative director of Free Spirits Music, a songwriting school in Brooklyn.
Before I founded Free Spirits Music I taught at a lot of music schools where the staff was underpaid and overworked. The locations were often a beat up church or the basement of a school, with little to no aesthetic or equipment. Teachers did their best to squeak a couple chords out of the kids, but they had limited training on how to comfort, encourage, or nourish the profundities of their students’ thoughts.
At Free Spirits Music, I’ve changed all that. How you feel matters most of all, because how you feel determines how you function. And we want you to feel radiant, powerful, and at your creative apex.
Listen to my own music here.
Kickstarter video directed by Daniel Valdez. Music by Judson Lee.
Risks and challenges
Guitar Superstar has been tested, re-tested, and tested again over the past 16 months. We know it works.
A majority of the Kickstarter funds are going towards legal fees. We want to make sure we are licensing all the songs you know and love in a legal way that supports the artists who wrote them.