Rise n Prize
A project by: Giovana Soares
What is Rise N Prize
Rise∙n∙Prize is a mobile app that rewards you every time you get up on time and don’t hit the snooze button.
How does the App work?
You set up one daily alarm, and when you wake up, you will be prompted to play quick games and answer a couple research questions (that’s how we make most of our money). According to how well you did on the games and how many questions you answered, you get points that translate into a reward: in the form of a coupon, gift card, or freebies.
You could also subscribe for $5/year and get tailored rewards just for you. Imagine you are a huge car enthusiast: you could receive tailored rewards just for cars.
Who is behind this? How did this idea come about?
My name is Giovana. I’m a design thinker— I use Design to solve problems, whether they are business problems, social problems, or personal problems. And waking up on time is definitely a struggle I have. Working in the late morning and going to school at night, I don’t have a big motivation to get up early and not hit the snooze button. Far too many times I have set an alarm to go running early in the morning… But guess what? I hit the snooze button so many times that when I realize it’s already time to get ready for work. I needed something to motivate me more than just an alarm clock.
Why should you help?
I have gotten in touch with over 200 people, and found out that 66% of them hit the snooze button, and 50% of them have some difficulty waking up. Out of these 200 people, 68% of them said they would download an app that rewards them with coupons for waking up on time. Not only that, but 82% of these would pay for an app for higher end coupons.
My conclusion? I’m not the only one who struggles! And people are looking for a motivation to get up on time and not hit the snooze button!
How can you help?
Any contribution is welcome. If you donate through here, you will be one of our first beta testers when the app is launched. Donate $10 and you will be the first to benefit from our tailored rewards.
How are the funds used?
- App development is not cheap—$1,000 would help us get the alpha prototype made.
- $10,000 would go for the full development of the app.
- Back this project and I will keep you updated on the progress of the app.
- $1-$9: you will be our first beta testers when the app is launched
- $10 or more: and you will be the first to benefit from our tailored rewards.
Help us succeed!
- We would love if you shared this project! You don’t have to donate to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it’s a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don’t need to give money to help us, but we’d love it if you did! Sponsor us and help millions of people get up for that morning run or for whatever activity they need motivation to.