From My Farm to Your Party
by Tess Kearns
All Natural Chicago is committed to sourcing locally, shopping fresh and serving tasty food to order. What better way than going to our own urban garden and picking salad greens, herbs and tomatoes, fresh?
For what exactly do we want to use the money? Tower Gardens are a way to source the most local produce possible. These aeroponic gardens use 10% of the water of regular gardening and 10% of the land space needed for the same abundance of produce. These beautifully designed, vertical gardens are great for city dwellers who want to have their own fresh produce.
Your contribution will go toward ordering:
The complete Tower Garden Family Garden includes:
- Three Tower Garden vertical aeroponic gardens, with 3 pumps and 2 timers
- Three Tower Garden Extension Kits
- One Support Cage, for tomatoes and other large vegetable crops
- 84 rock wool seed starter cubes and net pots, with seed starter enviro-domes
Plus, we will need Dollies and grow lights to get the most yield in our kitchen/event space.
- Tower Garden Mineral Blend, 1 Gallon Size and 3 quarts, with measuring cup
- Two pH test kits, including 2 bottles each of pH+ and pH-
- Seeds for growing gourmet lettuce, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, basil, and cucumber
- One drainage hose