HEALTH + HYGIENE + HOPE IN KENYA
Organized by: Kaylin, Hilarie, Lauren, and Jayla
We are just four ordinary sisters from Utah hoping to raise funds for significant health and hygiene projects in three vibrant, yet poverty stricken Kenyan villages. Inspired by our mom, who is traveling to Kenya later this month as part of these efforts (March 2016 with The Bates Foundation & LOL Humanitarian), we hope our music video will in turn inspire you to contribute to this important cause!
- Build Three Bathrooms in Village Schools – ($3,000 each)
- Current bathrooms are sinking into the ground and falling apart, offering little to no privacy and poor sanitary conditions.
- Provide Each Village w/a Suitcase of Medical Supplies – ($450 each)
- Each suitcase provides $1,000 worth of supplies to village medical centers.
- Contribute Needed Items to Menstrual Hygiene Kits – (Various)
- Items included in kits will be donated to school girls and assembled/sold by local women for job creation.
- Additional funds will go toward an array of other efforts, including water contamination projects, schoolground security projects, educational advancement projects, and many others. For more information: bit.ly1TXutfK
For charity fundraising, CrowdRise takes a fee of 3-5% + $0.30 credit card fee for each donation. 100% of donation after CrowdRise fee will go to the projects mentioned above. Donations made on crowdrise.com cannot qualify for a tax deduction, but The Bates Foundation is a 501c nonprofit and can offer deductions on donations made by check for more than $100. For more information, contact Carrie Grubb: (801) 698-6562
All purchased goods will be taken to these villages by our mom and her fellow volunteers. Her answering the inner call to contribute and serve is the reason we came together to create this CrowdRise project, and we thank her for taking this leap and inspiring us to do our part.
Thank you for your donations and support!
Love, Kaylin + Hilarie + Lauren + Jayla