A CHARITABLE FUNDRAISER FOR ENGEDI CHURCH
CREATED BY Lee Schopp
I’m joining others to help kids gain traction through Tread. That means food for refugees, shoes for students, and clean water for orphans.
In Turkey, Guatemala and Zambia, thousands of children lack access to the basics including things as simple as food, shoes and clean water. As a result, there is an entire generation of children filled with the potential to do great things, yet they do not have the opportunity to develop a brighter future.
The Need is Real
- Turkey is now home to more than 2 million people who have fled violence in Syria since 2011. Over half of these refugees are children whose families are in search of a better life, but they are currently experiencing great difficulty in providing even the most basic needs for their family.
- The effects of a 36-year-long civil war are still being felt in Guatemala today: nearly half of all children under age five are malnourished, about 54% of the population lives below the poverty line, and access to education and other vital resources is limited.
- The compounding effects of extreme poverty and the AIDS crisis have had devastating effects on Zambia. Nearly 1 million children in Zambia have been orphaned and almost 40% of the population does not have a source for clean water.
Helping Kids Gain Traction
On May 7, Engedi Church and the Holland community will lock arms through Tread. Hundreds of individuals from Engedi will run, walk or volunteer in the annual Tulip Time Run (5k, 10k and kids 1k fun run) to help kids gain traction. This year, our goal through Tread is to raise $75,000 to support:
- Food for the Ankara Refugee Ministry in Turkey. These vulnerable children and their families who have fled their homes due to the crisis need vital supplies in order to meet daily needs and begin rebuilding their lives.
- Shoes for the Manos de Jesus shoe factory, operated by Pray America in Guatemala. This factory employs local cobblers to make shoes for children. When children have shoes, they have the opportunity to attend school.
- Clean water and solar power for the Noah Ministries orphan home in Zambia. Safe access to clean water reduces hours spent in water collection and money spent to treat water-related diseases.
Your donation has a direct impact and can change the trajectory for kids in greatest need, bringing about long-term, sustainable development where it is severely lacking. Thank you for partnering with us in opening the doors to new levels of hope and meeting incredibly significant basic needs.
$10 = provides a refugee family of three in Turkey with food for one week
$50 = provides five kids in Guatemala with a pair of shoes
$100 = provides clean water for children in Zambia
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Engedi exists to advance the kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide.