Healthy Hemp T-Shirts!
CannaSOS makes top quality organic hemp T-shirts with trendy artwork, innovative design and top shelf tailoring.
About this project
CannaSOS is committed to making top quality organic hemp T-shirts that have original artwork, innovative design and fine tailoring. Hemp fiber is Mother Nature’s wonder as it is soft, durable, breathable, with amazing anti-bacterial properties. Additionally, hemp promotes healthy ecology and helps to reduce carbon footprint. Made with 100% organic hemp fiber our T-shirts are the healthiest you will ever wear!
Why Us? We design our T-shirts from scratch, making sure that your T-shirt is made with the finest hemp fiber, well tailored, and features unique artwork. Plus, we back our talented artists by sharing 12.5% revenue for their unique designs.
What makes our T-shirts great?
• 100% hemp fiber for superb durability
• gets better with wash & wear
• lightweight, fade resistant, quick drying
• shapes to fit when wet
• quality tailoring for comfortable fit
• sustainable & eco friendly material
• unique and original art design
• artist backing program
Style: men’s, women’s and unisex
Fabric: 100% hemp fiber T-shirts AND 55 % hemp/ 45% cotton blend T-shirts
What is Hemp?
Hemp is a term used to describe industrial, non-psychoactive variety of cannabis plant. This strain of cannabis is used worldwide for its strong fiber, which is extracted from the stem of the plant. Hemp is highly versatile with over 3000 industrial uses including textile, food, fuel, paper, plastics and various building materials.
A Bit of History
Hemp has been used for food, oil, paper, fuel, clothes and medicine since the dawn of humanity. Due to such versatility many cultures have considered hemp as gift from the Divine.
Here are some interesting historic facts about hemp:
• The oldest relic of textile industry dates back to 8000 BC with a piece of hemp fabric found in Mesopotamia;
• China cultivated hemp as early as 4000 BC for paper and clothing production;
• Henry VIII cultivated hemp for England’s marine purposes as sails and ropes were made from hemp fiber;
• Christopher Columbus stored hemp seed on his fleet in case of shipwreck, so they could be grown into raw materials and used for food;
• Former US presidents, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington cultivated hemp extensively;
• Benjamin Franklin opened and operated first hemp paper mills to free US from England’s dependence on paper;
• French bank notes are still produced from hemp paper;
• Henry Ford made a car from resin stiffened hemp fiber that was designed to run on hemp gasoline.
Hemp is the oldest fiber known to humanity that was successfully used in textile industry. In the new millennium there is an increased interest in everything hemp because of its strength, comfort, eco-safety and benefits to local economy.
Hemp vs Cotton
• Hemp fiber is softer and breathable than cotton
• Hemp fiber is 10 times stronger than cotton
• Hemp fiber is more absorbent than cotton
• Hemp has better insulating capacity than cotton, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer
• Hemp blocks harmful UVA and UVB rays naturally
• Hemp shows superb anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
• Hemp requires up to 50% less water than cotton to create single T-shirt
Hemp and Environment
• Hemp is safe for environment as it does not need pesticides or herbicides to grow
• Hemp improves soil quality
• Hemp products help reduce post-consumer waste as hemp fiber greatly outlasts cotton
• Hemp reduces greenhouse effect by absorbing extremely large quantities of CO2 gas
• Hemp reduces eco-footprint through sustainable growing methods
• Hemp promotes non toxic manufacturing practices as it can be processed into textile without toxic chemicals
• Hemp promotes bioregional approach by sustaining many local communities as it can be successfully cultivated in wide range of climatic conditions and soils
• Hemp supports local economy and increases employment rates as it can be processed locally
• Local hemp production reduces carbon footprint by avoiding high transportation costs and decreasing pollution
• Hemp saves trees and prevents deforestation, compared to timber 1 acre of hemp produces 4 times as much pulp to be used by the paper industry
Artist Backing Program
We recognize and support artistic talent by sharing up to 12.5% of revenue with our artists for their unique design.
100% Hemp Shirts Colors:
55/45 Hemp Shirt Colors:
Your pledge goes to:
1. Order Production: we have to hit our goal of $9,900 USD in order to start production. If we don’t achieve our goal, your card will not be charged, and no rewards will be mailed out to you.
2. Marketing and Education: with your financial support we pledge to educate North American market about the benefits of hemp products, battling the conventional negative stigma attached to cannabis derivatives.
3. Development of Kid friendly line: currently our line of T-shirts is for adults only, however in the nearest future we would like to develop a kid’s line, so that the future generation could benefit from the amazing properties of hemp fiber products.
We are expecting to ship the first batch of rewards within 14 weeks after campaign is funded successfully. Here is why: The campaign is due to run for 8 weeks from March 1- April 30 2016. We will receive payment in late May of 2016. After we get the funds, we can start production. Tailoring, design print, and logistics takes up to 10 weeks if there are no delays. We are a start-up without funds to maintain inventory, hence we are on KickStarter. We appreciate your pledge and patience.
Our T-shirts come in following sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, please follow size chart below to determine the perfect fit for you. *Please note that you will receive your reward once the campaign is over
Risks and challenges
Everything is set to launch successfully – the artwork is ready and suppliers are standing by. We have extensively discussed logistics and ready to tackle all possible hiccups.
A possible complication may arise with the manufacturing process, which will result in delivery delay. However we have full trust in our manufacturing partners and will be monitoring them closely to make ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Don’t worry, we will have open communication throughout the campaign with all our contributors to make sure that you know what’s going on.