ROTANA is an LA-based independent artist from Saudi Arabia, ready to produce her first EP!
My name is Rotana Tarabzouni, and I am a Los Angeles-based artist, born and raised in Saudi Arabia.
I have been writing, performing, and recording demos for the past 3 years to make sure that this EP is everything you guys deserve. I know in my heart that this is the right time, and I can’t wait to share my music with you!
My dream is that this EP will inspire others to listen to their inner voice and follow their path, regardless of how impossible it seems. I am lucky to follow the artists from my region that have used their art as a tool to inspire others to live out loud.
We can start a dialogue around what it means to be truly free and unafraid of who we are. Your contribution to this EP will help me show the world that the Middle East produces beautiful art, thoughts, and dreamers.
Regardless of where we come from, we are all connected, especially through music. It is up to the artists of our generation to live as loudly and as authentically as possible so that the generation to come doesn’t have to think TWICE about what society, culture, or fear tells them they can and can’t be.
- 2013: Huffington Post “Rotana Tarabzouni’s Lorde Cover Will Make You Stand in Unity with Saudi Arabia’s Women”
- 2015: Recognized as one of BBC’s 100 Women for the year. Click for the radioand TV interviews!
- Invited by Mr. Jimmy Carter to perform “Love is the Answer,” an original song, at the Annual Human Rights Conference.
- On Feb 3, 2016 I made debut in the Middle East at NYU ABU DHABI’S ART CENTER, singing for the first time in the region.
If we’re able to raise $26,000…
…we’ll be able to make a 4-song EP! Even the smallest contribution is deeply meaningful. Here’s how the finances break down for making an album:
Recording Costs: $23,000
- Studio rental
- Hired musicians (for their time & making sure they’re fed!)
- Sound engineer
- Producer fees
- Vocal coach & vocal production fees
- Visual packaging (EP artwork + 4 singles artwork + album design & liner notes)
- Videographer fees (behind the scenes footage for the making of record)
Extra Costs: $3,000
- Payment processing fees (~3% of total)
- IndieGoGo’s platform fees (5% of total)
- Perk production costs
- Thanking my core team members and my (2) videographers for all the work they’ve put in to help me create the content for this campaign!
- Inevitable miscellaneous fees can come up during the recording and production process. Sometimes things go wrong & it takes money to fix it. And sometimes things are taking too long and you need money to meet your deadline.
I have exciting perks for you guys! Exclusive access to unreleased music, video logs, writing original music for you, private performances and more!
If we surpass our goal, there’s so much more work to be done! It takes about $100,000 (music videos & associated costs, photo shoots & associated costs, website, social media/digital marketing, radio promotion, publicity and press) to launch an independent artist. Reaching for the top!
If we don’t hit our goal, all available funding will still go toward production fees for the 4 EP songs.
Please check out the pledge levels and perks and consider contributing what you can to join me in the creation of this EP. Simply click on the pledge level of your choice and you will be guided through the process. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining me in this next chapter of my journey!
**If you prefer to make a private donation offline, please email my campaign manager, Alexandra Sirotovich at firstname.lastname@example.org
***I have factored in US shipping cost into the price of each perk. PLEASE add $10 to your pledge for international shipping if applicable.
If you are unable to donate, you can still help by spreading the word on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, email, etc!