iCrowdNewswire - Jan 26, 2016
This investment presents RealtyShares investors with an opportunity to invest in securities related to a short-term bridge loan secured by a single family home in Greenwich, Connecticut. The loan is secured by a first position mortgage that is projected to generate monthly interest payments of 10.5% annualized, and the borrower will personally guarantee the loan. The borrower is an experienced real estate investor with a 720+ credit score and over $1M in liquidity.
- The investment is in securities related to a first position mortgage secured by a single family home in Greenwich, CT.
- Investors are projected to receive monthly interest payments equal to a 10.5% annualized return.
- Regardless of whether the loan is paid back early, investors will at a minimum receive 3 months of interest payments.
- The primary objective of this investment is to acquire, renovate, and sell or refinance the property in order to repay the RS Lending, Inc. loan.
- Favorable Leverage: RealtyShares is loaning 72% of the total cost, which is 65% of the estimated after repair value. To view an appraisal report, please click here and to view an independent highest and best use analysis for the property please click here.
- Track Record: The borrower is an experienced investor in Greenwich residential properties and has a track record of 4 investments since 2007. To see the borrower’s track record, please click here.
- Security: The loan is secured by a first position mortgage against the Property. The loan will be fully repaid before the borrower receives any cash flow from the sale of the property.
- Default Interest: The borrower will be assessed customary late fees, as well as default interest if the loan is not paid at maturity.
- Personal Guaranty: The principal of the borrowing entity will be personally guaranteeing the loan and has a credit score of 720+.
The property is located Greenwich, CT, an affluent town near the New York border. Greenwich has a population of 61,171 according to the 2010 US Census. Further location highlights include:
- The property is located along the Connecticut/New York border, minutes from I-95, which provides direct access to New York City.
- Greenwich is primarily a suburb of New York City. The commute to NYC is approximately 40 minutes by train.
- According to ESRI, the median household income for the 06830 zip code is $100,016 compared to $67,549 for the state of Connecticut.
- According to ESRI, the average home value for the zip code of the subject property is $1,000,001.
- According to ESRI, the population within the 06830 zip code is projected to grow by 0.55% annually through 2020.
- According the Zillow, the 06870 zip code is one of the most stable zip codes in the United States. Home prices only dropped 21% in Greenwich compared to 29% nationally during the 2009 market trough.
- Trivia: The world’s first nuclear powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, was built in Connecticut in the city of Groton.
- Forward-Looking Statements: Investors should not rely on any forward-looking statements made regarding this opportunity, because such statements are inherently uncertain and involve risks. We use words such as “anticipated”, “projected”, “forecasted”, “estimated”, “prospective”, “believes”, “expects”, “plans”, “future”, “intends”, “should”, “can”, “could”, “might”, “potential”, “continue”, “may”, “will”, and similar expressions to identify these forward-looking statements.
- Market Risk: Investments related to mortgages/deeds of trust secured by real estate are subject to market valuation risks that may be caused by changing economic and local market conditions. The property underlying the corresponding borrower loan is expected to have reasonably acceptable loan-to-value ratios and to meet certain other valuation criteria, but estimated values made when the loan is originated may not fully represent current market values, and subsequent market values will in particular be affected by changing economic or local market conditions. Such conditions are beyond the control of RealtyShares and of the corresponding borrower on this loan. Such conditions may change due to factors such as local real estate market conditions, prevailing interest rates, the rate of unemployment, the level of consumer confidence, the value of the U.S. dollar, energy prices, changes in consumer spending, the number of personal bankruptcies, disruptions in the credit markets and other factors.
- Credit Risk: The borrower loan is being made with respect to a property that is in need of repairs, a situation that does not generally meet the financing criteria for conventional mortgages from institutional sources. Credit risk is inherent in the mortgage lending industry, and there can be no assurance that the credit worthiness of the borrower will be sufficient to assure the full repayment of the underlying borrower loan.
- Insurance Risk: The borrower will maintain insurance of the kind that is customarily obtained for similar properties, but is not expected to carry certain disaster-type insurance (covering events of a catastrophic nature, such as earthquakes). In the event that an uninsured disaster should occur to the real property underlying the corresponding borrower loan, or in the event a borrower does not maintain the required insurance and a loss occurs, RealtyShares could experience difficulty recovering the principal amount of the corresponding borrower loan and any interest due thereon.
- Please Note: This is not an exhaustive list of the risks associated with this investment; please review the “Risk Factors” section of the investor package for a more comprehensive discussion.