How does Sandcastles provide superior protection against piracy and hacking?
Sandcastles technology is designed to build a secure environment inside any computer where information can be securely used and where it can be controlled by the provider. This secure environment has many means at its disposal to detect whether it has been compromised. If it has, the information never even travels to the computer and therefore remains secure. This provides an environment that can’t be hacked because the information only becomes available once the environment proves to be secure.
Through a series of complex procedures, the safety of the user’s computer, insofar as determining if the user’s computer has been hijacked, contains malware, viruses, etc., BEFORE permitting any access to a remote encrypted server (e.g. Cloud.) If the user’s computer has been hijacked, access to will be prohibited, until the hijacking, and all malware, etc., is cleaned from the user’s computer, down to the kernel level.
What are the most significant applications of this advanced protection?
This new leading-edge technology can benefit all data distributed to an end user, such as online movies, or the user’s own data stored in the Cloud, or on external media such as a USB key.
Essentially, Sandcastles can be utilized for the secure distribution of all photos, videos, and sound files.It can also be used to establish secure peer-to-peer networks where photos, videos, and sound files can be distributed.In both cases, the owner retains complete control of access rights: when, how long, how many times, etc. the content can be viewed.
Why does Cloud storage require a new protection technology?
All Cloud storage is reliant upon one heretofore unresolved critical issue: that the individual computer user (accessing their data in the cloud) is operating from a computer that has not been hijacked. Therein lays the Trojan Horse. Once a computer is hijacked, the user has no practical way of knowing it. As soon as the user signs into the Cloud, they take the Trojan Horse with them—into the Cloud.
While the user is busy accessing private financial or credit data, or is downloading files of any nature, every keystroke and bit of data they access is being copied and simultaneously transmitted to the illegal recipient—hundreds or thousands of miles away.
No other Cloud technology conducts a security check of the user’s computer prior to accessing their Cloud. This is what primarily differentiates the Sandcastles technology from all the rest.
What drives Sandcastles secure encrypted solutions?
High level proprietary Encryption and Authentication
- Hardware based Real-Time encryption: external hardware devices
- Certified Encryption Software – integrated, warped and insulated withSandcastles technology and Validated with single or two factor Authentication
- New Sandcastles technology is engineered not only to encrypt/decrypt the entire bit-by-bit of the data within the file or a disk (including the Boot Sector, Operating System, Temp and Swap files) but wraps them within a specify envelop
- Operating System Independent, works with all OS, requires no drivers
- U.S. government certified encryption algorithms NIST and FIPS
- Inexpensive cost per user
MARKET POTENTIAL – SECURE ENCRYPTION
- Small personal /entry level storage market will surpass $39 Billion in 2017.
- NAS (Network-Attached Storage) market alone will be at $7 Billion by 2017.
- Cloud-related business market expected to grow to $174.2 Billion by 2017.
- Cloud storage services expected to reach over 1.3 Billion subscribers by 2017.
- Combined SANDCASTLES target markets estimated at $176 Billion by 2018.
COMPETITORS and COMPARISON
Sandcastles technology does not anticipate a direct competition with any other products or solutions that are in the market.
There are products in the market which might resemble products or solutions Sandcastles may offer. However there are no direct competitors in the market who can compete directly with any Sandcastles product in its entirety.
- Unlike other technologies, protects data, not computers
- Instead, creates a secure environment inside the computer
- If the environment can’t be secured, the content is withheld and the user is informed
- Unlike other technologies, doesn’t leave content behind, even in encrypted form
- Data stays encrypted until it is displayed or played
- Data entered by keyboard, mouse, etc. has a separate secure path
The primary goal of Sandcastles Technology, Inc. is to become the global leader in digital content protection — by providing superior solutions that are both technologically effective and reliable.
To accomplish this ambitious goal, our short-term objectives include:
- Complete the initial drivers for this newly-patented technology
- Secure a beta customer to verify the driver’s reliability and value
- Identify Consumer, Professional and Enterprise potential clients
- Develop a website for downloading the initial products
- Identify and tap into various Cloud-related businesses
- Begin licensing this technology to clients world-wide
- Further reﬁne our technology (as always, an ongoing process)
SALES and MARKETING STRATEGIES
- Sandcastles will market and offer its solutions directly to users or by licensing (royalties) to cloud-based Value Added Resellers.
- To overcome sales channel conflicts, Sandcastles Technology will designate its product lines to be marketed with diverse specifications and price structures
- Pre-sales and service support will be provided — from individual consumers, all the way to special requests and collaborations with government agencies.
(see PRODUCT CATEGORIES section)
USA and Canada
- Consumer and Professional lines will be licensed to VAR’s under reseller’s brand and will be downloadable from the Sandcastles website
- Enterprise solutions will cater to businesses targeted within specific industries (i.e. Entertainment, Banking, Medical…)
- Government solutions can be customized to meet an agency’s specific requirements
- Consumer and Professional lines will be licensed to VAR’s under reseller’s brand and will be downloadable from Sandcastles’ website
- Enterprise solutions will cater to businesses targeted within specific industries (i.e. Entertainment, Banking , Medical…)
Data Encryption devices will be integrated with Sandcastles software features for the consumer as well as professional series, in the form of Flash, external Hard Disk or Solid State Drives.
Data Encryption flash devices will also be integrated with Sandcastles software features for the consumer and professional series as well as enterprise utilizing Second Factor Authentications.